Jordan Bentley, RB Guntersville, Micah Stallworth, LB Albertville

boatmax

Scout Team
Sep 10, 2004
Guntersvliie, AL
Jordan Bentley put on a show last night with 3 touchdowns for Guntersville,(10-0) 5A, winning in a 37-0 game against Albertville (7-2), 6A.
Bentley has scored 102 touchdowns so far in his career. Auburn recruiters were at the game, and hustled him away for the Auburn/Ole Miss game. This was the 101st game between Guntersville and Albertville. Bentley also had an interception, but I do not know how, unless the guys from Auburn wanted to see him on defense. I believe that now Bentley is 7th on the all time Alabama high school touchdown record.
Not to be outdone, Micah Stallworth proved to be as big a stud LB for Albertville, as Jordan Bentley was as a RB. Stallworth met him and filled the gap when Bentley had the ball, time after time.
Both players are worth watching, and each team is in the state playoffs.

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL
"Auburn recruiters were at the game, and hustled him away for the Auburn/Ole Miss game."

They should have taken Jordan to a movie instead. After the play calls I saw in the red zone not sure I would want to be playing for that coach.

scoretide

Suspended
Nov 26, 2010
Boaz, Alabama
While they are pretty good players The completion level, is well (not that great) Guntersville I doubt will win the state championship ! Albertville, Well its albertville ! Bentley will wind up at JAX STATE, AUBURN or somewhere like that . Not saying is not not a great kid, or player, just NOT ALABAMA caliber.

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006
Jordan Bentley put on a show last night with 3 touchdowns for Guntersville,(10-0) 5A, winning in a 37-0 game against Albertville (7-2), 6A.
Bentley has scored 102 touchdowns so far in his career. Auburn recruiters were at the game, and hustled him away for the Auburn/Ole Miss game. This was the 101st game between Guntersville and Albertville. Bentley also had an interception, but I do not know how, unless the guys from Auburn wanted to see him on defense. I believe that now Bentley is 7th on the all time Alabama high school touchdown record.
Not to be outdone, Micah Stallworth proved to be as big a stud LB for Albertville, as Jordan Bentley was as a RB. Stallworth met him and filled the gap when Bentley had the ball, time after time.
Both players are worth watching, and each team is in the state playoffs.

Unless it was an official visit, they could not hustle him off anywhere......

Bhammer

1st Team
Jan 4, 2007
Birmingham
While they are pretty good players The completion level, is well (not that great) Guntersville I doubt will win the state championship ! Albertville, Well its albertville ! Bentley will wind up at JAX STATE, AUBURN or somewhere like that . Not saying is not not a great kid, or player, just NOT ALABAMA caliber.
You do realize that the top ranked (according to rivals.com) middle linebacker in the country plays in a smaller classification (3A) than either of these guys right? Not saying that you are wrong about the players in question but competition level does not always determine the quality of the recruit.

smith5753

1st Team
Sep 12, 2010
Guntersville , AL
Rudy Ford came out of New Hope a couple of years ago and I would expect Guntersville and Albertville to consistently play better competition than them. Fort Payne beat New Nope this year 42-7 and Albertville played them a close 14-17 game. I realize you listed Auburn as a potential landing spot for Bentley and are making the case that he isn't Alabama caliber, which I would probably agree with. But, looking at Fords stats, he has some impressive numbers for a kid from a small school like New Hope.

2014- Started all 13 games at safety ... team-best 93 tackles ... third on team with three interceptions ... also had 1.5 TFL ... career-high 11 tackles at Ole Miss ... nine tackles against Mississippi State ... nine solo stops in Iron Bowl at Alabama.

Like I said, I'm not sold on Bentley, especially as a RB. But, he could shine like Ford if given the chance and the right position.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
If you want to see exciting this year, go see Ty Pigrome and crew at Clay-Chalkville or Kaleb Parker at Priceville.

Pigrome: Over 2,800 yards total offense, 30 TD's passing and 10 TD's rushing.

Barker: 2,537 yards passing 28 TD's, 1,439 rushing and 20 TD's after blowing out his ACL last year.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
There is a lot of talent in this state and sometimes we miss out on some good players because we recruit nationally. I'm not saying we should sign either of these kids but don't sell them short just because they play for schools that aren't typically powerhouse football programs. Not long ago I heard Wes Neighbors mention a stat that I found interesting. I can't quote it exactly but I believe he said that the year that his son (Conner) was a HS senior that over 100 (that number may be way off but it was a fairly large number) players from Alabama signed D1 scholarships. If you look at some recent drafts you will see some kids that we didn't recruit very hard from this state that signed elsewhere and were drafted. The RB out of Nebraska via Homewood is one example. Last year it seemed like every SEC West school we faced had at least one very good starter from Alabama. Trey Flowers, Darius Philon, Kwon Alexander, Trae Elston, DeRunnya Wilson, etc. I'm not criticizing our recruiting, I'm just saying there are a lot of kids with good potential in this state every year.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
If you want to see exciting this year, go see Ty Pigrome and crew at Clay-Chalkville or Kaleb Parker at Priceville.

Barker: 2,537 yards passing 28 TD's, 1,439 rushing and 20 TD's after blowing out his ACL last year.
I haven't seen Barker play but if they can make it past the first or second round of the playoffs then I may be able to catch one of his games. Drew Darmond has been very high on him.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
There is a lot of talent in this state
I've been saying that for years now. We have great talent here and more than enough to help us if we need it. Our h.s. programs have proven it against out of state schools, and of course proven it on other college teams when signed out of state or at Bama. A lot of people nationally think we have always recruited nationally like this when in fact most of our classes were full of Alabama kids until Saban come along. I'd say signees per capita we are probably one of the highest in the nation.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I haven't seen Barker play but if they can make it past the first or second round of the playoffs then I may be able to catch one of his games. Drew Darmond has been very high on him.
He is pretty exciting and has some good moves along with a good arm. Size and knee issues was his main priority, but looks like the knee is behind him thankfully. I think Troy just offered him.

If Pigrome was 6'1" he'd have offers from about every school in the U.S.

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there

Parker: 2,537 yards passing 28 TD's, 1,439 rushing and 20 TD's after blowing out his ACL last year.
I live right down from priceville. I have seen Barker play a good bit. Hes a heck of an athlete and exciting to watch

Last edited:

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States
There is a limit to how many can be signed these days, no way to sign them all. Even those you do sign do not always pan out in the long run. Jobs are lost if you miss out more than you hit and our coach at Bama has an impeccable record to this point on the hits! Will he always maintain that success? Just ask the Ole Ball Coach! ;)

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
He is pretty exciting and has some good moves along with a good arm. Size and knee issues was his main priority, but looks like the knee is behind him thankfully. I think Troy just offered him.

If Pigrome was 6'1" he'd have offers from about every school in the U.S.
I agree on Pigrome. I've seen him play a couple of times this year. His quickness is jaw dropping. The kid on that Clay Chalkville team (besides Simmons) that I'm frothing at the mouth over is Nico Collins. Man, what a specimen at WR.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I agree on Pigrome. I've seen him play a couple of times this year. His quickness is jaw dropping. The kid on that Clay Chalkville team (besides Simmons) that I'm frothing at the mouth over is Nico Collins. Man, what a specimen at WR.
Yep it's rare to see that many D1 prospects on one side of the ball in h.s. even at a 6A school like Clay. Honestly if I'm a coach I take Pigrome no matter what his size is if I'm a spread offense team. He's legit.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Some things to remember in recruiting -

Kids get noticed at camps. If a guy doesn't go to summer camps, he isn't going to get as much attention as he might deserve.

Also, many schools have their own 7-on-7 teams that go play in tournaments across the state, region and nation. Players get noticed by recruiting services at these tournaments. Teams that play in the national tournaments tend to be larger schools because they have the money to afford the travel expenses.

Bigger schools also have more resources to send videos to recruiters or post videos to Hudl.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Me too. Nico has a chance to be like DGB, hopefully minus the baggage.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Some things to remember in recruiting -

Kids get noticed at camps. If a guy doesn't go to summer camps, he isn't going to get as much attention as he might deserve.

Also, many schools have their own 7-on-7 teams that go play in tournaments across the state, region and nation. Players get noticed by recruiting services at these tournaments. Teams that play in the national tournaments tend to be larger schools because they have the money to afford the travel expenses.

Bigger schools also have more resources to send videos to recruiters or post videos to Hudl.
True. Also, some kids develop more quickly than others. I'm convinced that SOME 5 stars kids are those that matured more quickly than their peers and by the time they get to college they have already peaked.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Pigrome threw for 2 TD's and ran for 2 as Clay-Chalkville (#1 in 6A and #9 in the nation according to USA Today) came from behind to beat Homewood 40-39. I'm telling you this kid is pretty special. He threw one to Collins and one to Simmons tonight. There was no stats posted sadly.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.