Words Cannot Express the Job Coach Mac has done at Florida!

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I'm happy to see coach CJM doing well, but I'm not happy to potentially face them in the SECCG - that UF team is dangerous. It appears that they made an insanely good hire....

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I was hoping that he'd move from CSU to some mid-range Power-5 team and be in position for a move back to Tuscaloosa in a few years. Florida made sure that didn't happen.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
First year and they are most likely going to Atlanta. Compare that with Butch Jones at Tennessee in year 3 and no closer to sniffing Atlanta. I believe Coach Mac is about to go on a run.
It's very impressive. I figured they would struggle this year because Muschamp seemed to leave a dumpster fire in Gainesville. I thought maybe by year two or three that CM would be solid, but I never expected the turnaround to be this quick, even playing in the East.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I said last year that Florida was about as talented as Alabama. Because of how bad the on field result was, not many people wanted to believe me. Go take a look at their recruiting, they along with LSU and Alabama have the top talent in the SEC. So, yes he's doing a good job, but he should do a good job with that talent (and the far easier division).

EscaTider

Hall of Fame
Oct 2, 2008
Flomaton, AL
I certainly enjoyed watching UF line up and smash the dawgs right in the mouth. To do what he's doing now without his starting QB- it's impressive.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I'm happy to see coach CJM doing well, but I'm not happy to potentially face them in the SECCG - that UF team is dangerous. It appears that they made an insanely good hire....
Yeah, I am feeling the same way about the Harbaugh hire at UM.

G8RNGA

3rd Team
Dec 6, 2014
I said last year that Florida was about as talented as Alabama. Because of how bad the on field result was, not many people wanted to believe me. Go take a look at their recruiting, they along with LSU and Alabama have the top talent in the SEC. So, yes he's doing a good job, but he should do a good job with that talent (and the far easier division).
Unfortunately all those stars next to UGA players don't help them and if I'm not mistaken they had better recruiting classes while Muschamp was at UF. Again, talent isn't based on recruiting rankings as much as identifying what matches/fits with your scheme and team. Some kids have 5*s and fatal flaws (Mac has mentioned it several times). Mizzou is a good example of how recruiting class rankings don't matter that much and UGA is as well. Opposite results from each.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Well, he is certainly making me eat crow on my criticism of the Gator hire. He is certainly overachieving with less.
LD, you didn't think he was a good hire at the time? I thought it was a home run at the time. He's got the perfect temperament for a head coach in the sec. As a Bama fan I dreaded what I though he could do at UF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
I was hoping that he'd move from CSU to some mid-range Power-5 team and be in position for a move back to Tuscaloosa in a few years. Florida made sure that didn't happen.
This is why I'm happy to see him succeed. Chances of him coming back to replace CNS whenever he decides to leave are probably less now; but, you never know. As it stands now, though, I think he'd be a more than capable replacement.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
^^^^ This. And the offense is still woeful because they lack a quality QB. Grier might be it if he can lay off the PED's.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
1 - If we openly discuss the failures of other Coaches we should applaud success as well.

2 - I welcome the success of certain other SEC teams as it helps to put our conference back to dominance.

3 - I'm proud of CWM and his success as it is example of the effect CNS has on those willing to learn the process. It attracts good coaches.

4 - Should we get to Atlanta I welcome the competition. Makes it more exciting and CNS' knows how to game plan against previous assistants.

RTR!!!

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Yes MAC is the enemy now but that's life in college football. A strong Florida is good for beating down Tennessee every year. Which is what I like.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.