Crazy endings for Miami and Michigan

CrimsonPride

1st Team
Dec 9, 2001
Chattanooga, TN
Just watched the ending of the Michigan game...why not kick a field goal to tie? Wow.
The interim coach cost them that game. How you not get more than one play off with 19 seconds and 1st and goal after a 1st down? Why do you have the line shifting 3 times with no awareness of the clock? If you are going to go for it, which I think was stupid, why try to run right up the middle? It's not like you had been successful doing that.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
What happened in the Michigan game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
the golden gophers are down by 3, 3rd down on the 1 yard with 19 seconds left. They aren't paying attention to clock as it runs down and they get a play off with two seconds remaining on the clock. the ball goes out the back of the Endzone and they have two seconds left on the 1 yard line to run a play. they choose to go for the win with a run instead of a kick to tie it up and send it into overtime

Michigan holds them at the line for the win

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
I have no stake between Duke or Miami, but as a fan of college football, this makes me mad. Reviews should get the calls right by how the game is played on the field, and they got this wrong.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
the golden gophers are down by 3, 3rd down on the 1 yard with 19 seconds left. They aren't paying attention to clock as it runs down and they get a play off with two seconds remaining on the clock. the ball goes out the back of the Endzone and they have two seconds left on the 1 yard line to run a play. they choose to go for the win with a run instead of a kick to tie it up and send it into overtime

Michigan holds them at the line for the win

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk
Actually, it was 1st down from inside the 1. To run just two plays in that situation was very poor clock management. They deserved to win, but then they equally deserved the loss for the way they handled the end.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I have no stake between Duke or Miami, but as a fan of college football, this makes me mad. Reviews should get the calls right by how the game is played on the field, and they got this wrong.
I can't stand how overused replay is in college football. I wish they would give coaches two challenges per game and be done with all the delays that still don't get the calls right all of the time.

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
The block in the back at the 15 yard line was bad... right at the ball (and therefore should have been easy to see) and knocked the Duke player off his feet and into a Miami player. It wasn't a subtle block.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.