News Article: Frank Beamer to retire at the end of the season

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
This is very much a Steve Spurrier type retirement, just on a smaller scale. But it will be hard to find another Beamer in his prime for VTech, and it was a long prime.

BamaSC

All-SEC
Oct 17, 1999
Chapin, SC
I always thought of CFB as one of the good guys in coaching. He brought VT from nothing into a very good team and sustained it for a long time. The last few seasons have seen a decline, though, and I would think that hurts Bud Foster's chances. I think maybe they're thinking going with Foster would be more of the same. They probably need a house cleaning if for no other reason to get new thinking in there. That said, they could do a lot worse than Foster. Tough choice for their AD.

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama
I'm guessing Beamer has made enough money over his coaching career to enjoy life and retirement much better than he is enjoying employment right now.

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
I watched his VA Tech team give Bama one of the worse beatdowns I've ever seen in the Music City Bowl at Vandy Stadium. They physically dominated Bama that cold, miserable night!

Always respected Beamer since then! Classy, old school coach!

Good luck!
Oh the DuBose years. A walk down memory lane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.