Early Lines for Week 9 games of note

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
With that kind of quick swing in the line any of those bettors who think Bama will win by a couple of FGs would have bet the game both ways hoping to "hit the middle". Would win both bets with LSU at +7 and Bama at -5 1/2.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
With that kind of quick swing in the line any of those bettors who think Bama will win by a couple of FGs would have bet the game both ways hoping to "hit the middle". Would win both bets with LSU at +7 and Bama at -5 1/2.
Yep, that's probably a pretty attractive hedge, actually. And the so-called smart money almost never bets a week out -- too much can happen Monday through Friday. That's why the line moved so much just before the Georgia game.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Our offense has been terrible in the red zone this year with Jones at QB. That is how JT got his starting job back. Expect to see Miller play QB in the red zone this week.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
And a follow-up question (for those who keep up with this stuff): How has Alabama fared against the (betting) spread so far this year?
3-5 Against the spread. Bama is traditionally very bad about that. Going back at least as far as 2000 when I first started keeping up with this stuff. As a general rule, I NEVER bet on Bama. We can make a 13-3 win feel like 70-0, but it ain't 70-0

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
3-5 Against the spread. Bama is traditionally very bad about that. Going back at least as far as 2000 when I first started keeping up with this stuff. As a general rule, I NEVER bet on Bama. We can make a 13-3 win feel like 70-0, but it ain't 70-0
Vegas has to love Alabama fans for this exact reason. A good example is the La-Monroe game. The line opened at 41 and dropped to 39. I don't know what the final line was, but I bet many fans bet for Bama to cover and win by more than 34.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Not sure where the game is at, but TCU has to be on high alert vs. Ok State. They are a battered team, with what was already a porous defense. It will probably be a 70-63 type game.

Last edited:

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
Again, I don't bet on football, but I think you are crazy to take a big line when Alabama / Saban is involved. Unlike a lot of coaches, he's not going to run the score up, keep his first string in forever, and strategically if he gets a lead in the second half he's likely to just let all the air out of the game and let you play yourself right into a loss. Last year's Barn game is an example. Also, just a week ago Saturday, a lot of current coaches would have tried to push that ball into the end zone from three yards out with 1:45 or whatever it was left in the game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.