Pick the score: Alabama vs. LSU

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Bama 27
Lsu 13
I think we finally see Bo, an he has a game reminiscent to Shaun Alexander's freshman year against the Who's.. Roll Tide Roll!!
I wish Bo's name was Shirley, so we could keep hearing. "Just wait to Shirley gets in the game!"

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
As in weeks prior, it ALL comes down to our O line. Having said that,

Bama- 21

LSU- 17

RTR!

FF4bama

1st Team
Sep 13, 2012
24-10 Bama. Fournette gets 88 yards on 20 carries, Brandon Harris gets picked off twice. Here, have some koolaid, it's delicious!

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I think the X factor is our defense. Harris, while he looks improved and compentent, hasn't seen anything like what he's about to see.

I think it'll be a low scoring affair. LF will probably break one long run, but we'll basically keep him in check (around 100 yards). Derek Henry will match him.

But in the second half, when the Bama d-line is stuffing their run game, Harris will get picked off a time or two and Bama will convert those into some points.

Bama: 20

LSU: 10

jcabama

1st Team
Jul 19, 2004
Bonaire GA
I'm thinking 20-16 Bama. Two TDs to 1 and three FGs to two. Will be a slobber knocker either way but I believe in our D line and "slowing" down LF--nobody will stop him completely. Less than 130 and we win.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Okay....maybe it's just me, but I'm not getting the LSU love -- at least not to the level it's currently at.

At the beginning of the season, many were picking LSU to go 9-3 or 10-2 and finishing 3rd in the SEC West....but, most were thinking that they would be 7-1 with a lone loss to Auburn. Hindsight shows us that Auburn's pre-season hype was based on smoke and mirrors (but that's a different thread)....

So, for the most part, LSU has done what they were predicted to do.....

They barely beat State by 2....they clobbered Auburn......they struggled with Syracuse. Took them a while to beat Eastern Mich.....struggled with USCe for a bit...and pulled away.....and won a tough fought battle vs Florida (with a first time starting backup QB)....

My point is - they've been as good as they should have been up to this point. So, what's changed to make everyone think that they still won't be going 9-3 or 10-2? Everyone knew about Fournette.....and their Defense has given up 19, 21, 24, 22, 24, 28, 28........

Are we saying that LSU can beat us because of Brandon Harris? Because if that's your main reason for picking LSU -- I'd say that is a shaky reason for doing so....

LSU is ranked #116 in passing offense....I'm guessing Kirby is licking his lips on that one....
Our Defense was built to beat this offense.....

I think most people had LSU pegged at the start of the season as a 10-20 ranked team nationally - 3rd in the SEC West -- and a 9-3 or 10-2 team....that was supposed to be 7-1 at this point. They are 7-0 instead (with a cancelled game) - and that is more due to Auburn being bad instead of LSU being better.....

I think that's where they are.....right where everyone thought they should be....so now why are they being pegged as a Top 4 Playoff team? There isn't any evidence to support why -

It might be tough - the LSU games always are....

But....I don't see any reason why LSU should beat us....

Last edited:

JamieSPC

1st Team
Aug 29, 2004
Maylene, AL
I'm not going to pick a score, but I WILL second this analysis. Very astute. I'm betting we hear more of the "TV experts" talking about how we're built for this...

(For the record Joey Galloway and Danny Kannell do not qualify, even as "TV experts.")

Okay....maybe it's just me, but I'm not getting the LSU love -- at least not to the level it's currently at.

At the beginning of the season, many were picking LSU to go 9-3 or 10-2 and finishing 3rd in the SEC West....but, most were thinking that they would be 7-1 with a lone loss to Auburn. Hindsight shows us that Auburn's pre-season hype was based on smoke and mirrors (but that's a different thread)....

So, for the most part, LSU has done what they were predicted to do.....

They barely beat State by 2....they clobbered Auburn......they struggled with Syracuse. Took them a while to beat Eastern Mich.....struggled with USCe for a bit...and pulled away.....and won a tough fought battle vs Florida (with a first time starting backup QB)....

My point is - they've been as good as they should have been up to this point. So, what's changed to make everyone think that they still won't be going 9-3 or 10-2? Everyone knew about Fournette.....and their Defense has given up 19, 21, 24, 22, 24, 28, 28........

Are we saying that LSU can beat us because of Brandon Harris? Because if that's your main reason for picking LSU -- I'd say that is a shaky reason for doing so....

LSU is ranked #116 in passing offense....I'm guessing Kirby is licking his lips on that one....
Our Defense was built to beat this offense.....

I think most people had LSU pegged at the start of the season as a 10-20 ranked team nationally - 3rd in the SEC West -- and a 9-3 or 10-2 team....that was supposed to be 7-1 at this point. They are 7-0 instead (with a cancelled game) - and that is more due to Auburn being bad instead of LSU being better.....

I think that's where they are.....right where everyone thought they should be....so now why are they being pegged as a Top 4 Playoff team? There isn't any evidence to support why -

It might be tough - the LSU games always are....

But....I don't see any reason why LSU should beat us....

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.