Pick the score: Alabama vs. LSU

22Musso22

LSU 0
Alabama 59

Bama makes a statement to the playoff committee.

Last edited:

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
Okay....maybe it's just me, but I'm not getting the LSU love -- at least not to the level it's currently at.

At the beginning of the season, many were picking LSU to go 9-3 or 10-2 and finishing 3rd in the SEC West....but, most were thinking that they would be 7-1 with a lone loss to Auburn. Hindsight shows us that Auburn's pre-season hype was based on smoke and mirrors (but that's a different thread)....

So, for the most part, LSU has done what they were predicted to do.....

They barely beat State by 2....they clobbered Auburn......they struggled with Syracuse. Took them a while to beat Eastern Mich.....struggled with USCe for a bit...and pulled away.....and won a tough fought battle vs Florida (with a first time starting backup QB)....

My point is - they've been as good as they should have been up to this point. So, what's changed to make everyone think that they still won't be going 9-3 or 10-2? Everyone knew about Fournette.....and their Defense has given up 19, 21, 24, 22, 24, 28, 28........

Are we saying that LSU can beat us because of Brandon Harris? Because if that's your main reason for picking LSU -- I'd say that is a shaky reason for doing so....

LSU is ranked #116 in passing offense....I'm guessing Kirby is licking his lips on that one....
Our Defense was built to beat this offense.....

I think most people had LSU pegged at the start of the season as a 10-20 ranked team nationally - 3rd in the SEC West -- and a 9-3 or 10-2 team....that was supposed to be 7-1 at this point. They are 7-0 instead (with a cancelled game) - and that is more due to Auburn being bad instead of LSU being better.....

I think that's where they are.....right where everyone thought they should be....so now why are they being pegged as a Top 4 Playoff team? There isn't any evidence to support why -

It might be tough - the LSU games always are....

But....I don't see any reason why LSU should beat us....
For the most part I agree, but the assessment cuts both ways. Yes Auburn are no where near what was expected, but Florida is a lot better then expected. I am looking forward to Jess' assessment, but I expect to lead in a lot of categories. Their DL probably will have the edge on our OL, but not as big an edge as our DL against their OL.

Undefeated teams always play with confidence. We usually get everyone's best shot LSU included. I would not feel comfortable stating your last sentence. They have plenty enough to beat us even if we play well.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Our D will be amped up to go against Fournette and do what other defenses have yet to do, stop him. We are capable.

Bama 31
LSU 16

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Some quick numbers.....

Bama has given up 74 2nd half points.....
LSU has given up 107 2nd half points (with one less game than Bama)

Take out the Ole Miss Game....Bama has given up 46 2nd half points in 7 games....
Take out LSUs worst 2nd half performance -- (21 points) -- they've given up 86 2nd half points in 6 games....

Bama has faced 5 Rushing Defenses who give up 150 yards/game or less.
LSU has faced 1 -- (Florida - who is ranked 15th)

Alabama Rushing Defense has held all 8 opponents under their average....

LSU Averages 117 yards over a Defenses average -- Bama gives up an average of 78.5 -- saying LSU would get 196 rushing yards....
Bama's Rushing Defense holds a team to 98 yards below their average -- LSU Averages 309 -- saying LSU would get 211 rushing yards....

So, the math says LSU gets about 200 yards rushing....

Bama's Passing Defense holds a team to 61 yards below their average -- LSU Averages 156.9 -- saying LSU would get 95 passing yards.....
LSU's passing offense averages 70 yards less than a defense's seasonal average -- Bama's passing D averages 197 -- so LSU would get 127 passing yards....

So, that seems LSU should get about 110 passing yards....

So, LSU should get about 310 total yards.... (playing the averages)....

Don't know if it means anything, but it was fun to calculate....

tidegrandpa

All-American
Some quick numbers.....

Bama has given up 74 2nd half points.....
LSU has given up 107 2nd half points (with one less game than Bama)

Take out the Ole Miss Game....Bama has given up 46 2nd half points in 7 games....
Take out LSUs worst 2nd half performance -- (21 points) -- they've given up 86 2nd half points in 6 games....

Bama has faced 5 Rushing Defenses who give up 150 yards/game or less.
LSU has faced 1 -- (Florida - who is ranked 15th)

Alabama Rushing Defense has held all 8 opponents under their average....

LSU Averages 117 yards over a Defenses average -- Bama gives up an average of 78.5 -- saying LSU would get 196 rushing yards....
Bama's Rushing Defense holds a team to 98 yards below their average -- LSU Averages 309 -- saying LSU would get 211 rushing yards....

So, the math says LSU gets about 200 yards rushing....

Bama's Passing Defense holds a team to 61 yards below their average -- LSU Averages 156.9 -- saying LSU would get 95 passing yards.....
LSU's passing offense averages 70 yards less than a defense's seasonal average -- Bama's passing D averages 197 -- so LSU would get 127 passing yards....

So, that seems LSU should get about 110 passing yards....

So, LSU should get about 310 total yards.... (playing the averages)....

Don't know if it means anything, but it was fun to calculate....
I kinda did some, not to your detail, but what I found, including numbers put up by Bama and LSU on these teams, Bama played teams that averaged 151.5 yds against the run, LSU, 191.08 same category, defenses we played had an average nat'l rank of 50th, LSU 77th, FWIW. And again after both teams had played them.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
For the most part I agree, but the assessment cuts both ways. Yes Auburn are no where near what was expected, but Florida is a lot better then expected. I am looking forward to Jess' assessment, but I expect to lead in a lot of categories. Their DL probably will have the edge on our OL, but not as big an edge as our DL against their OL.

Undefeated teams always play with confidence. We usually get everyone's best shot LSU included. I would not feel comfortable stating your last sentence. They have plenty enough to beat us even if we play well.
If I had told you that LSU would beat Florida 35 to 28 in Baton Rouge at the beginning of the season, you would have not thought that was anything outrageous.....

i'm just saying LSU has done what they were supposed to do up to this point.....and they certainly haven't dominated anyone.....except Auburn

Last edited:

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
You must have snuck in under the radar.....don't get offended if you get blocked....it's not personal.....most of your kindred spirits don't play nice
I realize they were blocked for a reason -- as a whole, they went a little nuts. (Understatement!) I am wondering if they get a second chance now? Hopefully, the freaks will be few enough to where they can be banned but would be reasonably easy enough to allow the sane ones who act with class to stay. But, I do realize this forum is a great one for a reason.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I realize they were blocked for a reason -- as a whole, they went a little nuts. (Understatement!) I am wondering if they get a second chance now? Hopefully, the freaks will be few enough to where they can be banned but would be reasonably easy enough to allow the sane ones who act with class to stay. But, I do realize this forum is a great one for a reason.
Yep! It's great to have a site where every-other word is NOT profane. In fact NO words are profane! And I'm not talking about one SPECIFIC site that is profane. There are several.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.