Pick the score: Alabama vs. LSU

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
This one is tough. I have a lot of faith in our defense but not a lot in our offense. If we make a few big plays either offensively or have a turnover for a score like a pick six or blocked kick, then I like our chances. If our offense keeps going backwards, I think it will be asking too much of Coker, and we will lose. I'm going to cross fingers for some big plays and pick Bama.
Bama 20
LSU 17

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
K
First time I've ever done this....
Game will come down to the end, it'll be on Coker and the offense to win it and...they don't.
This could easily go the other way but...
who's 23
Bama 18

I'd like to think Bama's defense wouldn't give up 23 points. I think special teams and/or a turnover(s) accounts for 10 of those points.
Never in my life have I hoped to be more wrong; I just don't think Bama's team has the identity on offense down yet. If they do and they win here they win out and through the SECCG if they get there. And I see them playing in the Championship game.
My head just tells me it ain't happening.
Better watch out for the Eeyore bashers. :wink:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Better watch out for the Eeyore bashers. :wink:
I understand that there will be some trepidation this week. Not gonna bash anyone for expressing that fear, but Alabama fans aren't supposed to be afraid of anyone, right? ;)

JamieSPC

1st Team
Aug 29, 2004
Maylene, AL
I understand that there will be some trepidation this week. Not gonna bash anyone for expressing that fear, but Alabama fans aren't supposed to be afraid of anyone, right? ;)
You can figure out pretty quickly who has trepidation EVERY week, not just this one. I don't get it. Maybe it's some kind of good luck thing. There are those that pick every game close, and pick us to lose to the likes of UGA and TAMU even when there's no real advantage on the field. I find it strange. But I'm not mentioning any names. :)

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
It's a hard game to get a good feel about, really. Odd, this far into a season. The rain forecast makes it odd. The potential for derpy special teams play on both sides is odd. The fact that outside of Florida they haven't faced a really solid opponent and Florida lost its starting quarterback the week before the game, but wait, Mississippi State may be pretty good. Our o-line has been so inconsistent and now has a key injury, maybe, or maybe not. We suddenly have a ball hawking secondary but their qb hasn't thrown a pick all year, though he doesn't exactly have a zillion attempts. This type of game should be won in the trenches, but each defensive line holds a decent edge over the other team's offensive line. Their receiving corps as a whole is probably better than ours but our dbs are better than theirs, and a couple of unexpected guys caught the ball very well in our last game, but for the first time -- was that a blip or the start of a trend? Their running back should win the Heisman, but ours is nothing to sneeze at, especially the way he does things like pass protect. They practice against an outstanding runner, but are they even allowed to tackle him? Their defensive coordinator is not as good as their old one, at least not yet, but our offensive coordinator has gone through some questionable stretches of play-calling this year. It's at home, but we've actually seemed to play a lot better outside of Tuscaloosa. Alabama is a home favorite trying to get into the SEC championship and cannot afford another loss so they should be feeling a lot of pressure. But LSU is undefeated, more highly ranked, and bucking for its own shot at the championship, so it's not like they aren't feeling some stress, too. When you get down to nit picky stuff like our tight end is a great mismatch against their LBs, I think you are reaching at straws.

Of course, it's early in the week. Fournette could end up with a hot appendix on Friday night and watch the game from a hospital bed at DCH. Coker could get arrested trying to run away from a DUI checkpoint. Either team could get a flu bug going through the locker room....

The only outcome that would really surprise me is a blow out either way.

28 - 21. 28 wins. I'm going to say it's Alabama because.... I'll let you know on Sunday.

Last edited:

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Only team I am afraid of is Bama. They self destructed against Ole Spit. I fear a repeat.
If Bama has no turnovers they win, and will win by at LEAST 10-14 points (or more if they can get some TO's from the who's). I just don't see it happening.
This ain't a "heart" thing - I want Bama to beat them 77-0. I just don't like what I have seen when Bama plays at home, and it's been an issue for years (and not always after big road wins).
Bama has played two pretty solid games (Wisky and GA) and at least that many bad ones. Problem is, both of those "good" games were on the road. And I think all of the bad ones have been in T-town. They have another bad one and that's two season-ending goals gone.
Hey I'll be the first one crowing and saying how stupid I was for doubting these guys, if they win. Frankly there's nothing I'd like more. But it's less than honest to say I think they will win win my head tells me they won't. I have done that before; I just choose not to do so now.

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
Fournette will have just over 100 yards and 2 TDs.
Henry will have just under 100 yards and 2 TDs.
Drake will have a breakout game and score the winning TD, a la Yeldon in 2012.

27-24, Bama.

BamaGunner

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 6, 2011
Hoover, Al
I have doubted before and been wrong .So, not again..... Al-31, LSU -21. We have better coaching and arguably somewhat better players. Our kids know what is on the line with this one. We play like our lives depend on it and come away with a win. RTR

22Musso22

I don't get all the LSU fear I am seeing here. Who have they played? Even Florida had chances to beat them in Tiger stadium. True, Fournette is a beast, but our whole D was made to stop him. The LSU QB is average at best. I just don't see a problem here. True, LSU has a nice front 7 on D, but they have given up a lot of points to inferior teams.

As I said previously, Bama Wins. 59-0...:)

bamanix

1st Team
Mar 24, 2010
such a big game for both teams. the winner probably wins out and will go to the playoffs. I expect our defense to do their job, but, I am concerned about our offense. the off line is average, and especially not good pass blocking. coker needs to be in the pocket and is accurate there. he needs about one more second for the pass over 10 yards. I hope for our kick return team to catch the ball and hold on. should be quite a night. bama 24 LSU 17.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
For those concerned because Alabama has played poorly at home, consider a different point of view. Alabama has not played poorly at home - they have played poorly when they have not been adequately motivated by the level of competition. Even against TN I doubt that the Alabama players respected them until they saw (during the game) that Saban was correct - TN is a lot better than their previous game outcomes suggested.

My hypothesis is simple - this Alabama team plays down to the level of talent across the field. If I am correct, you will be just fine against LSU, even at home. And let's be honest - would anyone really feel better if this game were in Death Valley at night?

Alabama will win because you will not be looking past this game. LSU has your undivided attention. I'm actually more worried about Miss State.

fourbama

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 25, 2010
Their Schedule has been pretty weak. I didn't realize that. Plus for us I would say! BDS is going to be rocking!

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
For those concerned because Alabama has played poorly at home, consider a different point of view. Alabama has not played poorly at home - they have played poorly when they have not been adequately motivated by the level of competition. Even against TN I doubt that the Alabama players respected them until they saw (during the game) that Saban was correct - TN is a lot better than their previous game outcomes suggested.

My hypothesis is simple - this Alabama team plays down to the level of talent across the field. If I am correct, you will be just fine against LSU, even at home. And let's be honest - would anyone really feel better if this game were in Death Valley at night?

Alabama will win because you will not be looking past this game. LSU has your undivided attention. I'm actually more worried about Miss State.
We may be proven wrong but I am right with you on this. My biggest fear is not beating the Whos, but beating them too soundly and having a letdown next week. I think the best scenario for Bama to finish the season strong would be to have a dominating performance against LSU but one that they never really pull away and get comfortable (24-14)

I know - 1 game at a time...

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.