Pick the score: Alabama vs. LSU

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
For those concerned because Alabama has played poorly at home, consider a different point of view. Alabama has not played poorly at home - they have played poorly when they have not been adequately motivated by the level of competition. Even against TN I doubt that the Alabama players respected them until they saw (during the game) that Saban was correct - TN is a lot better than their previous game outcomes suggested.

My hypothesis is simple - this Alabama team plays down to the level of talent across the field. If I am correct, you will be just fine against LSU, even at home. And let's be honest - would anyone really feel better if this game were in Death Valley at night?

Alabama will win because you will not be looking past this game. LSU has your undivided attention. I'm actually more worried about Miss State.
Historically Bama has owned the who's in Death Valley, day or night. So, yeah, you're dang skippy, I'd be a lot happier. Saban is the best road coach in the SEC and probably the nation.
Besides, Bama did play up to Ole Miss - just stupid mistakes killed them and I fear it may happen again. I'm not worried about their intensity, but anybody who doesn't think the who's will play their best against Bama is kidding themselves.

TexasTideFan

All-American
Feb 6, 2003
Kingwood, TX
This game will probably come down to the 4th Quarter. I like Coker if one of the teams needs to pull one out in the end. 21-17 Bama. I think Bama will be up at the half but LSU scoring in the 3rd with Bama taking the win in the 4th. Hearing Rammer Jammer will be sweet with this one, I hope.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
All being said and written, I think this is definitely our toughest game of the year.I hope, I truly hope, that we don't take the NFL attitude to just get the game into the fourth quarter.I hope we attack from the git go like we did at Georgia.For some reason, I don't think that will be the case.Honestly, I'd say 21-17 or 14-10 Bama. I might be wrong but I just don't think any team can line up and run at us.Chub is an incredible running back, and take away the one run when the game was out of reach and he would have finished with what? 50 something yards?The game ultimately comes down to Jake and our offensive line. If Henry has holes he can run for a bunch. If he can run, Jake can throw. If Jake can throw, our receivers can catch. If the O-line gets whipped, none of the above will happen.Here we go.We'll just have to find out how good we are.Roll Tide Roll and Go Bama.sip

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
I'd like to see another special teams/defensive TD to create some separation on the scoreboard.

We can score on LSU in my opinion, but their running game may limit our opportunities.

I feel kinda good about this game, but don't see us winning by more than 7-10 points.

It'll be a good'un.

Bama 24 LSU 16

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
We are going to blow LSU out. I don't normally say that, but I think we will. We'll take them behind the woodshed.

I see a 45-10 kind of game. Our D overwhelms them.

Henry outshines Fournette.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
You'd think this was an LSU board on this one. No confidence in THAT defense or that team. Good job people.

Bama wins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a ton of confidence in Bama's defense; that didn't work out too well against Ol Spit, because of the offense.
If Bama doesn't turn the ball over they win going away, and how much "away" depends on how many TO's they get from the who's - who ain't exactly turnover machines this year (only two). You can't say that about Bama's offense, but the defense has bailed them out time and again. Defense can win championships, but it typically can't win every game.
I have said already I hope Bama wins 77-0, but they will have to play the best game they have played all year. Can they? Sure. Will they? I personally don't think so, on offense. JMO

I have a ton of confidence in Bama's defense; that didn't work out too well against Ol Spit, because of the offense.
If Bama doesn't turn the ball over they win going away, and how much "away" depends on how many TO's they get from the who's - who ain't exactly turnover machines this year (only two). You can't say that about Bama's offense, but the defense has bailed them out time and again. Defense can win championships, but it typically can't win every game.
I have said already I hope Bama wins 77-0, but they will have to play the best game they have played all year. Can they? Sure. Will they? I personally don't think so, on offense. JMO
I understand where you are coming from.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
S&P+ predicted Alabama 69% chance of the win and predicted a final score of 31-24. I'd take that. Most sports books still have Alabama by 6.5 with an over under at 46.5, FWIW. I expect the forecast is keeping the OU a little low.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I still put the VAST majority of that loss at the feet of the coaches. If you asked them they would too.

We are due for a complete game and Bama has always had one since 2008. I hope is tomorrow night.

24-21 Bama

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.