Government uses taxpayer money wisely: builds gas station for $43,000,000

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
I cannot believe people are getting so wound up over this. Literally 20 to 30 times as much money disappears over there every year. The only thing that is so surprising about this story is that the news actually reported it this time.

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
What's really sad is ...Wasn't someone/anyone watching over the expenditures as occurred? It's a little late to report out after the fact. The money is gone and those that promulgated the wastefulness have probably moved on to their next project never to be held accountable.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Someone needs some jail time
Was there a crime committed? Or is just the government doing what it does? Sadly it's likely the latter. I can't speak to this particular transaction, but the one's I'm involved with must get approval from dozens of people at the program manager level, the program executive level, the contracting office, legal, technical, etc. I routinely see millions of dollars in waste, and there's nothing I can do about it. It's just what government does.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.