Question: Bama vs LSU Viewing Options in HSV?

BamaSlama

1st Team
Jan 11, 2003
Madison, AL
Alright HSV crew. I'm turning to you for opinions and recommendations for a public venue in the Huntsville area to watch the Bama vs LSU game this week. I offered up the living room to my girls' roller derby team to watch the Womens' Flat Track Derby Association world championships on Saturday and Sunday, so I am in desperate need for an escape plan on Saturday night to watch the big game. I know I can go to BWW or any other sports bar, but I'm looking for your best recommendations for somewhere with a good Tide crowd.

RTR!!!

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Alright HSV crew. I'm turning to you for opinions and recommendations for a public venue in the Huntsville area to watch the Bama vs LSU game this week. I offered up the living room to my girls' roller derby team to watch the Womens' Flat Track Derby Association world championships on Saturday and Sunday, so I am in desperate need for an escape plan on Saturday night to watch the big game. I know I can go to BWW or any other sports bar, but I'm looking for your best recommendations for somewhere with a good Tide crowd.

RTR!!!

I'm in HSV. Bar Louie and BJ Brewhouse should have the game on display.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada

RTR!!!

Well, you've earned my nomination for Father of the Year.

What's more, not that I pretend to know a whole lot about Womens' Flat Track Roller Derby, but something tells me that, by virtue of escaping the house Saturday eve, you're likely saving yourself the need for some mega doses of Tylenol, what with a house full of girls dialed in...

:biggrin2:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I'm a lousy companion. Once, I tried taking my laptop, so I could moderate, to a small party, all friends and all Bama fans. It didn't work. I felt like a hermit isolated in the middle of a crowd. All I got was strange looks. Also, I'm prone to outbursts...

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
I'm a lousy companion. Once, I tried taking my laptop, so I could moderate, to a small party, all friends and all Bama fans. It didn't work. I felt like a hermit isolated in the middle of a crowd. All I got was strange looks. Also, I'm prone to outbursts...
Sounds like my dating years. :biggrin2:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Did Baumhower's get mentioned. It'll be a largely friendly crowd. Last time I watched in a bar was in Nashville, near the VU campus. My stepson and wife left to go to a party and it was just Liz and I. However, neat experience. It was the year Fran stomped Saban and there was a table of LSU fans almost next to us. They left sometime in the fourth quarter... :)

BamaSlama

1st Team
Jan 11, 2003
Madison, AL
Bar Louie, BJ and Blue Pants are close by. Someone at work today suggested Drake's as well. Can't believe I hadn't thought of Baumhower's. I've done Army/Navy games at the Brickhouse in Providence Village with my Submarine Veterans group. Nice atmosphere there, but a little disappointed with the chow.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
C'mon, man - doesn't Marshall Mission Control still have the Sensurround[SUB]TM[/SUB] big-screen thing going on?...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.