Here's Why We Need Arky Specifically to Beat Ole Miss (Extra Motivation)

snake plissken

1st Team
Apr 13, 2011
Birmingham
Arky and Ole Miss are playing at 2:30 before our 7:00 kickoff time. If Arky beats Ole Miss, can you imagine how fired up our players would be getting ready in the locker room? I know they will be pumped up for the game, but getting news that they now control their destiny right before kickoff would be a huge boost. I think the 2:30 Arky / Ole Miss kick is a blessing if Arky wins because of the timing. Looks like this could be a perfect storm :wink:

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
It would be a little extra salt in the Black Bear wound if Nutt's old school did them in.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Considering 2:30 likely means it a CBS game, I'd have to assume they game will end about the same time as ours. Only CBS can make a football game as long as all three Lord Of The Rings movies back-to-back...

Isaiah 63:1

All-American
Dec 8, 2005
Probably at 35k or in an airport somewhere
Arky and Ole Miss are playing at 2:30 before our 7:00 kickoff time. If Arky beats Ole Miss, can you imagine how fired up our players would be getting ready in the locker room? I know they will be pumped up for the game, but getting news that they now control their destiny right before kickoff would be a huge boost. I think the 2:30 Arky / Ole Miss kick is a blessing if Arky wins because of the timing. Looks like this could be a perfect storm :wink:
I hear what you're saying, but if the players are that affected by external factors, it's a double-edged sword. What, conversely, would happen to their collective psyche if Ole Miss should beat Arkansas convincingly?

If CNS can't get this team to focus on playing its best game against our (at this point) most consistently tough opponent just for the sake of beating said opponent, at home no less, then it might not matter what Ole Miss does the rest of the way...

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Only CBS can make a football game as long as all three Lord Of The Rings movies back-to-back...
Exactly. If they're having a bad day, I can usually tune out Verne and Gary -- they really don't bother me. It's the extra go-to commercials thrown in by CBS. Only they can turn a 60 minute college football run-heavy game into a 4 hour affair.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
Ole Miss hasn't had a bye week yet this season either. Only SEC team without one. Arkansas played a fairly easy game last weekened. Gave up a lot of points, but still managed to rest starters late in the game. Ole Miss looked tired and beaten up. I wouldn't at all be surprised to see Arkansas pull the upset considering all of these factors.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Ole Miss hasn't had a bye week yet this season either. Only SEC team without one. Arkansas played a fairly easy game last weekened. Gave up a lot of points, but still managed to rest starters late in the game. Ole Miss looked tired and beaten up. I wouldn't at all be surprised to see Arkansas pull the upset considering all of these factors.
even though their coach is a nut-case, arky plays very scrappy. i think collins will have a field day.

the barn could've been a lot closer to winning last week had they bothered to try to run the ball

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
even thought their coach is a nut-case, arky plays very scrappy. i think collins will have a field day.

the barn could've been a lot closer to winning last week had they bothered to try to run the ball
Yep. Arkansas can do what Gus decided not to do - run between the tackles. Helps that Arkansas has been able to get Rawleigh Williams more reps behind Alex Collins.

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
I hear what you're saying, but if the players are that affected by external factors, it's a double-edged sword. What, conversely, would happen to their collective psyche if Ole Miss should beat Arkansas convincingly?

If CNS can't get this team to focus on playing its best game against our (at this point) most consistently tough opponent just for the sake of beating said opponent, at home no less, then it might not matter what Ole Miss does the rest of the way...
While what you say is true, we could win out and if Ole Miss does the same we will end up watching the Rebels playing the Gators in Atlanta. So we could get a good bit of motivation knowing Ole Miss is out of our way in the West.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
While what you say is true, we could win out and if Ole Miss does the same we will end up watching the Rebels playing the Gators in Atlanta. So we could get a good bit of motivation knowing Ole Miss is out of our way in the West.
Forget the motivational factor by us controlling our own destiny. Ol Sis is going to stomp a mud hole in Arky. Kelly is on a roll and firing on all cylinders. Bama just needs to concentrate on playing the best they are capable and they should win. LSU beaten and worn after playing Bama should still be able to handle the black bears.

BamaFanOnBeach

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 15, 2007
though it may matter that Ole Miss loses for Bama to get in the SECCG, assuming Bama wins out, it may not effect the playoff chances because if Bama wins out they will be at least 4th in the national polls since 4 of the teams ahead of them play each other (so 2 will have losses) and Bama would jump LSU with a victory....

Would be an interesting scenario for the committee.....

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.