Monday Night Football: Cam Newton

BamaSC

All-SEC
Oct 17, 1999
Chapin, SC
Roman Harper with the pick gives the Panthers the ball in FG range. Gano hits the FG for the win! It was a hard pill to swallow when Cam was drafted by the Panthers. I really couldn't stand the guy at AU. But he's my (NFL) QB, and he's really good and I've grown to appreciate him. He's also stayed out of trouble. It's also weird that Mike Shula is his OC.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
All depends on your point of view. From where I'm sitting, that sucked. Lol

Brilliant game on both sides, I might add. Happy for Roman. I've always appreciated what a class representative he is of the capstone. Just not our year for those wearing blue.
Could be worse. At least you're not a Titan's fan like me.

Titans are just bad, which has been norm since Fisher got out of town.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana

Indeed. The one benefit is that the colts could probably make the playoffs on 6 wins just based on how bad the Titans, texans, and jags are. The AFC south is ridiculously bad.

The Titans are building a young base of talent though. Mariota has a lot of potential to build the team around. It will be interesting to see if there is a shift of power in the division over the next 5 years.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

Fisher, like CNS with Miami didn't have a top 20 QB his bad years. Coach Saban is spot on that he would probably still be in Miami if they had taken Brees over a overrated and injured Culpepper. Same fate with Fisher, and he was the coach when they were in Houston and the coach with the longest tenure when they let him go! I guess it was time to move on, but I thought it was a mistake letting Fisher go. But, getting a franchise QB is 50% of a team imo.

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
Cam is an amzing athlete. Part of me still has some bitterness toward him but I'm trying to let it go.

My real disdain is toward the NCAA and their selective enforcements, random burden-of-proof criteria, and kangaroo court style of punishments. At least the Cam saga taught us all the blueprint for dealing with them: lawyer up!

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Cam is an amzing athlete. Part of me still has some bitterness toward him but I'm trying to let it go.

My real disdain is toward the NCAA and their selective enforcements, random burden-of-proof criteria, and kangaroo court style of punishments. At least the Cam saga taught us all the blueprint for dealing with them: lawyer up!
Cam embodies all of that for most Bama fans . He's living, breathing proof that it's not paranoia if they really are out to get you, that there are rules for Alabama and then rules for everyone else. Just when the sting of the Means case was beginning to subside Cam came along and brought it back full force. Sadly that's probably how he will be remembered by most.

I think he's good with kids because he is one. Watch his demeanor, who's choice, etc. I think his brain is probably ten years behind his body in maturity.

All that said, I don't have any more issues with the guy. He was just a speed bump we had to get over.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

I'm a Titans fan also. Did you see today that they fired Wisenhunt? There was just some speculation that Tennessee may go after Chip Kelly because MM is a Titan..

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
I'm a Titans fan also. Did you see today that they fired Wisenhunt? There was just some speculation that Tennessee may go after Chip Kelly because MM is a Titan..
I did. Surprised me that they'd make that move mid-season like this, but whatever.

Don't think Chip Kelly would be big on that. I think he'll hop back to college before he takes another pro job.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I did. Surprised me that they'd make that move mid-season like this, but whatever.

Don't think Chip Kelly would be big on that. I think he'll hop back to college before he takes another pro job.
Yea. It's been depressing watching the colts go from Manning to Luck. I thought when Manning left that the death hold the colts had on the AFC south would be over. Guess not..

BamaClay

Scout Team
Jul 23, 2007
Tar Heel State
Cam is a showboat. He loves the attention. But he has been smart about his play. He doesn't play selfish. He seems to be a good teammate. He acts like a kid having a ball at the games. I was a t the game last night. He does many things to entertain the fans. I remember his press conference after initially signing with the Panthers when he said he hoped they enjoy the show.
It's one of those things that the bottom line is they're winning. He has ups and downs. You take the good with the bad.
One other thing. Cam is a beast. He is so big and tough I don't see him getting hurt. Not saying he won't. But he is more like Derrick Henry at qb. Going to take a lick in the right place to do it.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
But even Gruden last night said he never seen a qb in the NFL be used like Carolina is using Cam. He had reservations about letting him take all those shots.

NFL is full of beast...If I'm a Carolina fan, I'd prefer to see him slide more and only run in scrambling situations as opposed to the designed qb keeps.

On the other hand, he's special because he's so big AND he can run...so have had it...just pipe down the rhetoric/acting!

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
But even Gruden last night said he never seen a qb in the NFL be used like Carolina is using Cam. He had reservations about letting him take all those shots.

NFL is full of beast...If I'm a Carolina fan, I'd prefer to see him slide more and only run in scrambling situations as opposed to the designed qb keeps.

On the other hand, he's special because he's so big AND he can run...so have had it...just pipe down the rhetoric/acting!
Vick was used much the same way. He was never healthy going into the playoffs.

BamaClay

Scout Team
Jul 23, 2007
Tar Heel State
No. I was disappointed when the Panthers drafted him. Can't stand the antics. His passing numbers aren't great. But he runs and escapes very well.

CraigMack

1st Team
Jul 13, 2000
Chelsea, AL
I don't know what you guys are talking about. Newton is a middle of the road NFL QB, nothing wrong with that or against him…just the way it is. Maybe he'll be more than that one day but this is his fifth year in the league and that's where he is thus far.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.