JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
LSU Preview: Battle of the beasts could decide Bama’s playoff fate
by Jess Nicholas
TideFans Editor-In-Chief
November 3rd, 2015 01:24 AM

By Jess Nicholas TideFans.com Editor-In-Chief Nov. 3, 2015 There are two steps to the strategy to get Alabama back into the SEC Championship Game in Atlanta. Step one: Ole Miss must lose. Step two: Alabama must stop Leonard Fournette. The first is out of Alabama’s hands altogether. Arkansas gets a chance to save Alabama’s bacon […]

Read More Here

Tidetwin

All-American
May 15, 2006
Northeast Georgia
Thanks Jess. If we can get off to a quick start and build a lead, I like our chances if the young quarterback has to find a way to beat us.

Atl Joe

1st Team
Nov 27, 2010
Thanks, Jess.
Hopefully, the game will not be dictated by the weather. I want to see both teams be able to operate without any issues or limitations.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Thanks, Jess.
Hopefully, the game will not be dictated by the weather. I want to see both teams be able to operate without any issues or limitations.
we handled ourselves pretty well in the rain in athens. looks like rain all night saturday.

i love watching games like this

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Thanks, Jess. Avoiding turnovers and OL play will determine our fate.
Honestly, I think it all comes down to secondary play on both sides.....

Can we pick them apart and open up running lanes......

And, can our DBs handle island living....

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Thanks Jess. I hope we start off fast. Should be a good game...As long as we don't have mistakes and we limit flags. So tired of our drives getting killed by self inflicted flags.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Win the turnover battle and you will win this game. That is the one thing that we really can't predict. I think that both teams will turn the ball over in this game. The questions really are when, where and how often.

Roll Tide!

I believe it will be up to the front 7 to have the game of their lives. If they come out loose, flying around I don't think LSU has a chance. That is an if though. I don't want to have that tight game from 2011 again where is showed Bama was superior everywhere but on the scoreboard. I want that game from 2013 where the night of Bama was just too much. OL has to step up a little here and give Coker time. He's been playing well of late. They have to continue blocking for DH. LSU gives up at least 100 per game on the ground. I believe Bama gets the job done here. We are just a better team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BubbaOne

Scout Team
Jun 27, 2007
Tucker, GA
Always look forward to your review; this week was no exception.

Bottom Line: Forget Arky vs Ole Miss. The winner in our game will likely have a

solid shot at the playoffs; the loser best hope they do not tank the remaining season
and still earn a solid bowl game.

I am not much on what-ifs; too many uncontrollable options.

Bama's best hope is to start solid, control the line of scrimmage, do not lose the ball
and keep your foot on the gas the entire game.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
Excellent job, Jess. I think this one is just the old run the ball, stop the run, don't turn the football over. We won't hold LF to 50 yards or something, we just have to not let him break it off in big chunks. If our D-line can't do it, no one in college football can (which is possible). It will be nice if we can manage to get Coker a little time to throw. Another O-line performance like against UT and there won't be a Maalox left in my house and poor Jake will need more than Maalox. Getting a lead in this one is huge. Finally, I hope the rain is not a factor. I'm in the group that believes rain favors the better ground game.

Oh, and that's a great point you made about points allowed, and LSU has played one fewer game, more games at home, and against overall weaker competition than Alabama.

Appreciate your taking the time.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Excellent job, Jess. I think this one is just the old run the ball, stop the run, don't turn the football over. We won't hold LF to 50 yards or something, we just have to not let him break it off in big chunks. If our D-line can't do it, no one in college football can (which is possible). It will be nice if we can manage to get Coker a little time to throw. Another O-line performance like against UT and there won't be a Maalox left in my house and poor Jake will need more than Maalox. Getting a lead in this one is huge. Finally, I hope the rain is not a factor. I'm in the group that believes rain favors the better ground game.

Oh, and that's a great point you made about points allowed, and LSU has played one fewer game, more games at home, and against overall weaker competition than Alabama.

Appreciate your taking the time.
Both teams have played games in the rain (lots of it). Bama's during the day @ UGA and LSU vs Western Kentucky at night. So both teams are tested in the rain, but LSU's was at night like this game will be.

That backup to Fournette is pretty good: Guice. Do we have a backup as good as Guice and the other two that LSU has? I don't think so.

If we win the toss and it's not raining at that time do we go on Offense or defer to receive in the 2nd half?

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.