First Playoff Poll Released (predictions - first 5 pages; analysis - page 6 - ???)

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Re: Tonights the first Playoff Poll release. What's YOUR prediction.

The one team that concerns me even if we win out and Ole Miss loses is the Domers. I could see a scenario where you have a 3 undefeated conference champions, 2 1 loss conference champions and a 1 loss Notre Dame.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA

my question is if Ole Siss wins the west and maybe even the SEC championship game and If Bama wins out, do we still get into the final four without winning the SEC?

This is my biggest concern.

1 OHNO
2.Clemson
3. Lswhoo
4. TCU
5. Baylor (not sure about this with injured qb)
6. Bama

plus a bunch of elimination games coming up. RTR
No.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

The one team that concerns me even if we win out and Ole Miss loses is the Domers. I could see a scenario where you have a 3 undefeated conference champions, 2 1 loss conference champions and a 1 loss Notre Dame.
That would require Notre Dame beating Stanford, who loses to Utah in the Pac 12 Championship. If that happens, ND's resume takes a little hit.

I maintain I don't see a Big 12 team going undefeated since their schedules are back-loaded, which should help the SEC.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Bama will be ahead of Iowa.....

Because if they don't then SOS means nothing....and they won't run the risk of having that (excuse the pun) elephant in the room......

They will need SOS to have value later in the process.....so they have to set the standard tonight.
If I were on the committee I would have Iowa ahead of Alabama until Alabama beats LSU. Why? Because Iowa is going to be undefeated going into the B1GCG. Alabama could be out of the running altogether next week.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I maintain I don't see a Big 12 team going undefeated since their schedules are back-loaded, which should help the SEC.
I agree - I also think that teams in the B1G each take a loss. I think that OSU will beat MSU but lose to UM (match-ups). But I think that we will beat Iowa in the B1GCG.

CrankyFranky

Scout Team
Aug 5, 2004
Gadsden, AL

Honestly, it's still too early. Right now Clemson seems to be the only sure bet in my opinion. But hey, there's always a good chance they'll get "Clemsoned" at some point. There is still so much football to be played whether it be in the Big 12 with Baylor still having OU, OSU & TCU. TCU still has OSU, OU & Baylor. In the Big 10 with OSU still has MSU & UM. MSU still has OSU & PSU. Of course in the SEC we have LSU this weekend and then Miss. St. and AU. LSU has us, Arkansas, Ole Miss and TAMU.

There's no easy road for most of the teams in the top 8. It will be a blood bath before its all done.

DallasRTR

3rd Team
Jul 26, 2007

There is no way to answer a question like that at this time. We may or may not get in, if we have 1 loss and don't win the SEC West.
We may, if the PAC 12 champ has 2 losses (USCw). We may even get in before the SEC champ, if FLA looses to FSU but wins the SEC Championship game.
But, looking back at history, these things seem to always have a way of working themselves out. I'm confident we wont have 11 undefeated teams at the end of the year, especially when many of them play each other.
If we have a 1 loss SEC team, they are most probably going to be in - regardless of whether they win the SEC -
Big 12 can't say that - and neither can ACC because their strength of schedule doesn't hold up.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA

That would require Notre Dame beating Stanford, who loses to Utah in the Pac 12 Championship. If that happens, ND's resume takes a little hit.

Better take another look at Oklahoma State's schedule. They play all of the other three contenders at home.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

If we win out and Ole Miss loses again then we are in regardless. Our only problem is the Black Bears and how they finish the season.

Born2Roll

3rd Team
Oct 8, 2004
Tallahassee, FL

My projection on how the committee will have the rankings:

1. Clemson
2. LSU
3. Ohio St.
4. TCU
5. Baylor
6. Michigan St.
7. Notre Dame
8. Florida
9. Bama
10. Iowa

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.

I understand where your coming from but if ND does not play in a conference championship , isnt it the same if beat LSU and then LSU looses to Ole sis. We have one loss and so does the ND. So to me if a conference championship is criteria to get in the ND should join a conference. Or they a different set of rules for ND now how his that objective?

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ

[emoji90] [emoji372]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va

If we win out and Ole Miss loses again then we are in regardless. Our only problem is the Black Bears and how they finish the season.
Suppose Bama wins out, Ole Miss gets to play in the SECCG because they beat Bama head-to-head and then they lose to the SEC East Champion (Which may also have two losses?)
Would that be a monkey wrench in the machinery?

Roll Tide!

InsaneMustang

1st Team
Jul 30, 2001

I don't know about 2-whatever but I've got Clemson at #1.

InsaneMustang

1st Team
Jul 30, 2001

Dabo will come on here and break the internets

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

Suppose Bama wins out, Ole Miss gets to play in the SECCG because they beat Bama head-to-head and then they lose to the SEC East Champion (Which may also have two losses?)
Would that be a monkey wrench in the machinery?

Roll Tide!
Yep...probably need a monkey wrench in the machinery early on anyway so we can go ahead and take this to 8 teams.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

1&2 will be Clemson and LSU.

3&4 will be tOSU and TCU.

5-7 Michigan St., Baylor, Alabama

Then you'll have a group of Notre Dame, Stanford, and Iowa.

Orders may be changed, but those will be the groups.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

The first playoff committee poll will give all of us something substantive to talk about but this is why tonight's poll is pretty meaningless..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.