The Advocate: 10 Reasons Why LSU Fans Love to Hate Alabama

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
Was that written by an Aubie?

LSU fans may dislike Updyke, but he isn't in their top 10. Ask one of them about "Mulligan Bowl" and you'll see.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I only have one reason why I hate them...no, wait, make that about 50 or 60.....

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
Guilty, as charged but a long time ago, at least 73-76, we did, 'were gonna beat the h_ll outtal you!'. Yeah we did it, before and after.
I did it. I liked it.
If some would get over being offended by things done in the spirit of competition, they would have more fun in life.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
The fact of the matter is that Updyke was born in south Texas and grew up in Milton, FL. He then moved back to TX and became a state trooper there and retired there. He moved to Dadeville, Alabama for a short period. He now lives less than an hour from LSU. The whole article is absurd. However, they do whine more about officiating than, perhaps, the MS schools and Auburn...

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Guilty, as charged but a long time ago, at least 73-76, we did, 'were gonna beat the h_ll outtal you!'. Yeah we did it, before and after.
Yes I know it has been done in the past, but whenever it stopped being done regularly, it has happened only rarely since.

Like I said, I've attended games since 1995 and it has never been done before a game I attended.

Of course, I can understand why this upsets the good LSU folks so much as they are so very sensitive to the use of profanity.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I really don't care about LSU. I get excited about the game more than others because LSU is very good right now. If they started to suck and Arkansas became a national power, I'd get excited about them and forget about LSU.

Our big rivals are Tennessee and the barn. Anything else is just another game on the schedule.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Yes I know it has been done in the past, but whenever it stopped being done regularly, it has happened only rarely since.

Like I said, I've attended games since 1995 and it has never been done before a game I attended.

Of course, I can understand why this upsets the good LSU folks so much as they are so very sensitive to the use of profanity.
last i remember hearing it from the mdb before games was when bear was still coach. i have heard it spontaneously before a game on occasion when the opposing team's band or the pa system plays the garry glitter song

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
My brother lives in Red Stick, so we've had a lot of discussions about this topic. For reasons even he can't explain fully, LSWho has hated Bama with a passion for a long while. He believes Saban could have gone to any SEC school other than Bama and would not have been vilified there. But come to Bama, and he's burned in effigy. There's something deep there, but I'll never get it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.