Recruiting the State of Mississippi

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
I find it extremely peculiar that Alabama, with one of the most prolific recruiters in history, with great tradition, facilities, and history, can pull TOP players from places like...

Georgia
Florida
Virginia
Ohio
Louisiana
Texas
California
Kentucky

etc - but we keep losing out on kids, oft at the last moment, from Mighty Mississippi?

Alabama is almost "in-state" for most Mississippi kids as well. We need to find a way to get this corrected :mad:

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I find it extremely peculiar that Alabama, with one of the most prolific recruiters in history, with great tradition, facilities, and history, can pull TOP players from places like...

Georgia
Florida
Virginia
Ohio
Louisiana
Texas
California
Kentucky

etc - but we keep losing out on kids, oft at the last moment, from Mighty Mississippi?

Alabama is almost "in-state" for most Mississippi kids as well. We need to find a way to get this corrected :mad:
As I`ve said before, it`s that " Grove Magic" !!

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

Georgia
Florida
Virginia
Ohio
Louisiana
Texas
California
Kentucky

Wow, I was thinking about this topic while driving yesterday. I think our reach has grown so much that we do not get as many from sip.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Serious question: how much talent is coming out of Mississippi? I looked back at Rivals state by state rankings for the last few years and while Mississippi has a few 4* and the occasional 5*, it seems that our efforts are correctly directed to other states in the region where there is a greater abundance of talent.

Jones and Conner are the only two I can recall off the top of my head in the last few years that were worth going after and we went after them.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.