Interesting Fact About Regular Season Losses

CrimsonJag

All-American
Apr 9, 2001
Jacksonville, FL
So I was bored and decided to look at Bama's regular season schedule since CNS arrived. One thing that's been apparent, when we lose, we barely lose.

Since 2007, Bama has played 104 regular season games. Bama has lost a grand total of ONE game by more than 9 points (14 to South Carolina in 2010).

In that span, Bama has gone 90-14, with six of the losses coming in 2007.

Just thought it was an interesting factoid.

nx4bama

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2010
NW Alabama
So I was bored and decided to look at Bama's regular season schedule since CNS arrived. One thing that's been apparent, when we lose, we barely lose.

Since 2007, Bama has played 104 regular season games. Bama has lost a grand total of ONE game by more than 9 points (14 to South Carolina in 2010).

In that span, Bama has gone 90-14, with six of the losses coming in 2007.

Just thought it was an interesting factoid.
One thing is for sure, we never stop fighting under Saban. There's always something to gripe about in a loss, but we have not "laid down" with him at the helm.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
They came out flat in that game, but my recollection was that they fought back and could just never get over the hump. I admit I could be mis-remembering though.
They did fight back. Arenas returned a punt for a TD to either tie or bring us within a score but ultimately the D couldn't stop them and the Oline had too much attrition. Mike Johnson went down early and Andre Smith missed the game due to suspension. We didn't have enough depth yet to overcome losing our two best linemen.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
84-8 during the regular season 2008 thru now......91.3% Incredible!
53-8 during regular season SEC play!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.