Nick Saban Tells Story of Sitting in Bar with Bob Stoops

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
It's a good thing one of them didn't unknowingly approach the bar during the robbery......could have been a bad situation.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Hard to see in that video, but if you watch the other video you can see Coach's pack of Red Man beside his right leg. I was always more of a Levi Garrett man when I did that stuff years ago.

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
Saban: "So Bob and I are sitting in this bar in Texas and Bob asks the barkeep for 'something Strong'. Suddenly, the Longhorn mounted over the bar falls on Bob's head and knocks him cold, so I drank his shot of Glenallen and left." :biggrin:

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Hard to see in that video, but if you watch the other video you can see Coach's pack of Red Man beside his right leg. I was always more of a Levi Garrett man when I did that stuff years ago.
Does he eat Little Debbies at the same time he's got Red Man in his mouth? Day's Work or whatever it was did me in years ago.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
I would think Saban could at least afford Red Man golden blend & not the poor man's version haha :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Does he eat Little Debbies at the same time he's got Red Man in his mouth? Day's Work or whatever it was did me in years ago.
He does seem like one of those old school chewers, where they can do that stuff so it wouldn't surprise me.....lol. I bet he has it gone before kissing Mrs. Terry though!:biggrin:

I would think Saban could at least afford Red Man golden blend & not the poor man's version haha :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
No joke! The Golden Blend is not that bad, but the regular Red Man is garbage! If I didn't kick my nicotine habit (I mainly smoked but enjoyed some Levi every now and then when working) I would go buy a pouch tomorrow for old times sake, but I quit back in '04 and refuse to put anymore nicotine in my body as I promised my Mom if she would quit smoking, I would quit as well. Of course she would probably let that slide, but I refuse to cheat. A promise is a promise;)

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
It is hard to believe, but Coach Saban is liked and respected by the same national media that blasted him when he left Miami after learning he would not have a franchise QB for the extended future...a death nail. Pretty much anyone without bias and a brain now likes and respects Coach Saban. Many may not notice, but it is a huge reversal from 5 years ago, huge reversal. So.....for whatever it's worth, ESPN loves Nick Saban these days. And we all know why, he has integrity and is a winner. Will be sad one day when Coach Saban and Miles run ESPN gameday.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
He does seem like one of those old school chewers, where they can do that stuff so it wouldn't surprise me.....lol. I bet he has it gone before kissing Mrs. Terry though![emoji3]

No joke! The Golden Blend is not that bad, but the regular Red Man is garbage! If I didn't kick my nicotine habit (I mainly smoked but enjoyed some Levi every now and then when working) I would go buy a pouch tomorrow for old times sake, but I quit back in '04 and refuse to put anymore nicotine in my body as I promised my Mom if she would quit smoking, I would quit as well. Of course she would probably let that slide, but I refuse to cheat. A promise is a promise;)
Yeah Red Man was my chew of choice. My wife made me quit. Said she wouldn't marry me if I continued. So that was all the motivation I needed [emoji2]

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Sometimes that is all it takes man. Glad you were able to quit! One of the guys that helped raise me which I consider my 2nd Dad, he dips about 3/4 of a can of Skoal at one time and has done it for longer than I've been alive. I'm surprised he hasn't had any problems yet and I always worry he'll get lip cancer or gum, etc.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.