Game Thread: Official Pre-Game Thread - Bama vs. LSU...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Love the early thread! I'm already antsy for the game to start. Unfortunately I'll miss mort of the early games as I have to be at a friends wedding, but I'll be home, changed, and ready to rock by game time!!

G8RNGA

3rd Team
Dec 6, 2014
Good luck! You can always watch those Gators beat up on the Commodores before your game!

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I am not a gambler, but if I was my money would be on Alabama this week. I think that you guys will be as focused and prepared as you were for Wisconsin.

Roll Tide!
Again, from your post to God's ears.

Bruce014

1st Team
Aug 29, 2012
Alabama
I am looking forward to it. Some friends sold us some pretty good seats. I hope the rain is over by kickoff.

I think we are going to dominate, and win 28-10.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Well, the blood pressure just went up seeing this thread. Here's hoping the Tide Rolls tomorrow!

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I'm really worried about this game. It's valid to wonder if Fournette can be stopped. If there's anything hopeful to take away, it's that Chubb actually had a higher average and Alabama kept him in check really. But, that 7.3 average he ended up with just because of one big run is concerning. If Fournette averages 7 or more yards per carry against Alabama things could go a lot worse.

It isn't the huge runs that I think are likely to do Alabama in, it would be how many 5-10 yard runs that Fournette can string together. Against a common opponent, South Carolina (neither have played very tough schedules), Fournette was 158/7.9/1 and Chubb was 159/7.6/2.

We've seen Georgia without Chubb, they're a mess and by the same token if Fournette is held in check I think LSU would have issues. Last year Alabama held him to 3.8, they do that again and I think Alabama wins. Then again, last year three other team held him below that as well. This year no one has held him under 5. We shall see.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I'm really worried about this game. It's valid to wonder if Fournette can be stopped. If there's anything hopeful to take away, it's that Chubb actually had a higher average and Alabama kept him in check really. But, that 7.3 average he ended up with just because of one big run is concerning. If Fournette averages 7 or more yards per carry against Alabama things could go a lot worse.

It isn't the huge runs that I think are likely to do Alabama in, it would be how many 5-10 yard runs that Fournette can string together. Against a common opponent, South Carolina (neither have played very tough schedules), Fournette was 158/7.9/1 and Chubb was 159/7.6/2.

We've seen Georgia without Chubb, they're a mess and by the same token if Fournette is held in check I think LSU would have issues. Last year Alabama held him to 3.8, they do that again and I think Alabama wins. Then again, last year three other team held him below that as well. This year no one has held him under 5. We shall see.
He's faced one good rush defense (Florida), three decent ones (Syracuse, Mississippi State and Western Kentucky), and three horrible ones (Auburn, South Carolina, and Eastern Michigan).

Just under 10% of his rushes have gone for negative yardage. He's gained one or two yards 16.5% of his carries. He has also gone over 10 yards almost 19% of his carries.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Just under 10% of his rushes have gone for negative yardage. He's gained one or two yards 16.5% of his carries.
Good to know...a fourth of his runs go for either negative yardage or one or two yards at best. I feel good about our chances.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

It's the key to the game, IMO. We have to put the game on Harris's shoulders. Make him prove his good stats are real. This is what we did to the Georgia QB, and it was proven his stats were vastly inflated.

Unless our offense just shows up and plays its best game of the year and can't be stopped. That would be nice...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.