Gameday Guest Picker?

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
Game Day "Rick Rolled" us with all the hype before the appearance of Rick Ross.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Got no problem with the pick, hate I missed it ... especially since he picked the good guys :)

MBA_99

1st Team
Jan 11, 2010
A, A
Gameday crew was berating Bama between the lines for the low attendance. Hate to say it but they're a distraction that doesn't benefit us much if at all. If I want excitement I walk by where the crystals are (or were until recently) displayed on Bryant Drive.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
'Nuff said, Roll Tide!
Be that as it may, but it seems like this Rick Ross, as much of a scoundrel as he might be, may have had more time in front of the TV due to his "incarceration" and therefore more knowledgeable about the matchup than the regular talking heads.

On a similar note, would it be wrong to say that 20% of fans who watch the games are more knowledgeable of teams play than 80% of the talking heads (who do this for a living supposedly)?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Gameday crew was berating Bama between the lines for the low attendance. Hate to say it but they're a distraction that doesn't benefit us much if at all. If I want excitement I walk by where the crystals are (or were until recently) displayed on Bryant Drive.

I have been to a few games in which Gameday was present and avoided the entire area every time. I love tailgating too much to spend a minute on that.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I have been to a few games in which Gameday was present and avoided the entire area every time. I love tailgating too much to spend a minute on that.
Yeah, I've never understood the fascination with standing around the Gameday set up. I'm glad some enjoy it, but I would much rather hang with friends. If the game time had been closer to Gameday time, I'm sure there would have been a larger crowd. It is tough to be fired up for twelve hours plus.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
Their ego has them believing in their own celebrity. IMO they are nothing but clutter.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Their ego has them believing in their own celebrity. IMO they are nothing but clutter.
Agreed. I quit watching several years ago. When it was just Kirk, Lee, and Chris Fowler it was so much better. Then they started becoming bloated with low talent hacks, and over the last 5 years or so I quit tuning in.

The quality of the show is at its poorest but their ego seems to be larger than ever.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
Agreed. I quit watching several years ago. When it was just Kirk, Lee, and Chris Fowler it was so much better. Then they started becoming bloated with low talent hacks, and over the last 5 years or so I quit tuning in.

The quality of the show is at its poorest but their ego seems to be larger than ever.
For me, reading Tidefans before the game is where it's at.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
Expect more of this. ESPN is losing viewers, market share, and that means they will lose ad dollars. I used to look forward to the late show and haven't watched since week 1. I probably watched 10 minutes of Gameday yesterday and was not entertained.

I think their feelings are hurt and it is starting to show.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
For me, reading Tidefans before the game is where it's at.

I genuinely enjoy Pollacks commentary (BTW he picked Bama yesterday) and Reece Davis. I believe that Herbstreit is the MOST fair and impartial guy on the show and makes the most sense.

Ever since Desmond Howard said that coach Mac should be fired after the sideline rant at Florida this season and that he's never had any coach talk to him that way and that they shouldn't talk that way blah blah blah I could use a 100% less of him.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.