What would possess kids to make those stupid signs?

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
Is that it? My friends...it's a stupid sign, made by stupid people, and highlighted by stupid people making a mountain out of a molehill. We all know that this dumb act is no more indicative of the real University, and the real fans of Bama, than that tea-bagger after the LSU game, and need I mention Harvey? Me...I'll shake my head at the ignorance and move on. The sign was removed. Those that made it will suffer the shame of doing something stupid for the world to see and will hear the cluck-cluck and tsk-tsks for a while. But I'm not going to let their actions determine what kind of fan that I, and 99.99999 % of the rest of the Bama Nation, am. If somebody wants to include me as being part of the idiots...well, they are just plain being haters. And to that I say...tsk, tsk.

Roll Tide...beat LSU!

Last edited:

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
I have no problem when college kids have some good natured fun but some of the things I am reading and seeing should not be allowed, much less be put on TV. The Katrina sign is in very poor taste. I would like to apologize to the LSU fans and New Orleans for some stupid people.

luvthat_TIDE

All-SEC
Aug 10, 2004
That's bad. Atleast I don't see other schools saying something to this degree and referring to the tornado that destroyed much of Tuscaloosa.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Some where there's a missing link in a chain gang.
Might this be a response to the Gameday signs?
Banners have appeared around Tuscaloosa that contain offensive messages that are not representative of our University, our students or our football team.

We realize that today’s game is big. But we have been here before. Let’s welcome visitors to our city and the University this weekend with the same level of respect and good sportsmanship we expect of others.

We look forward to working with our students to provide a welcoming and inclusive environment for everyone.

Dr. David Grady
Vice President of Student Affairs

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
I saw that and it is embarrassing. The fact that it's Bama makes the criticisms more shrill. This will be used to say "See - this is who they are."

An apology is in order and hopefully that frat will move on to a little more self respect.
I think it was at an apartment, not a frat house. Although, I was in a frat and I can tell you that they certainly aren't immune to doing stupid stuff.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I like to think if somebody showed up with that Katrina sign on the Gameday set the other students would not let them wave it around.

Bamaboda1

Suspended
Sep 1, 2006
Kathleen, GA
Thank you for the LSU bulletin board material. They probably do mot need any more motivation. Be thankful that Coach Bryant is gone, or you would spend the rest of the weekend looking for your rear ends. He really did not like No Class/Low Class stupidity.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Ugh, our greek system man...really hamming up that out-of-touch white privilege card I see.
Wasn't a fraternity house in the pic. Anyway add these idiots with the ones I saw flying stars and bars on the way to the game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.