Official Post-Game Thread - Bama vs. LSU...

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
On sports center he said we just "earned the number 4 slot behind the Clemson, Baylor, and Ohio state."

He SAID this and didn't seem drunk or anything

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Still in mourning over the FSU loss to Clemson. He was so sure that they would win.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
He asked Phil what he thought Galloway would have to say about this Bama team and our quarterback. Seems he threw Coker under the bus. To be honest I didnt know who Galloway was untill this year. I never watch pro ball and he played in the Big 10 or some league outside the SEC. So now I have seen him on the SEC network he and Kannell are just kissing cousins to Paul Finebaum.
I watched that interview. Galloway asked Phil a respectful question on how Alabama succeeded in getting unheralded QBs ready. In other chats leading up to the game he consistently picked LSU because he didn't think we played our best at home, and he thought Harris would outplay Jake.

Last edited:

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Very proud of our guys tonight. It feels good to be back in the driver's seat. Having said that, I really pity Arkansas next weekend. A hard-fought, miraculous win over the Rebels today and now they next have to play a ticked-off Tiger team. I'm sure Fournette is planning to use that game to re-establish himself and show that he is still relevant. Oh, and the game is at night in Death Valley. You did us a favor today, Piggies, and I just want to wish you luck for next week. I believe you'll need a lot of it!!
Betcha Death Valley will be a veritable grave yard and not close to filled. They've just had their hearts pulled out and eaten right in front of them.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Betcha Death Valley will be a veritable grave yard and not close to filled. They've just had their hearts pulled out and eaten right in front of them.

They are still alive in both the SEC and the playoff hunt. If Alabama loses again (and you have 2 tough games remaining), LSU slides back into the lead. I think that their fans understand this and will be fine after a few days to absorb this loss.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
They are still alive in both the SEC and the playoff hunt. If Alabama loses again (and you have 2 tough games remaining), LSU slides back into the lead. I think that their fans understand this and will be fine after a few days to absorb this loss.
I realize that, Big. But the Alabama game is different for them. It opens archetypal wounds. If we win at Starkvile earlier in the day, a bunch of the students will find something else to do. If we lose, they'll be back.

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
Saban was aggressive tonight with going for it on 4th a couple time. Especially that one early in the game.
I think, even though we didn't convert that first one, Saban sent his offense a vote of confidence by doing that. And they delivered.

Also thought sending Griffith out for the 55 ydr was another instance where he showed that he had confidence in his team. Who knows where it leads; but I bet that was exactly the shot in the arm AG needed!

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I realize that, Big. But the Alabama game is different for them. It opens archetypal wounds. If we win at Starkvile earlier in the day, a bunch of the students will find something else to do. If we lose, they'll be back.
Thanks - I only know 2 LSU grads and neither of them is like that. They both love LSU and actively pull for them no matter what. But, again, that is only two

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Thanks - I only know 2 LSU grads and neither of them is like that. They both love LSU and actively pull for them no matter what. But, again, that is only two
Gotta friend from BR at work who thinks much of the fanbase hasn't recovered from 2011.

On another point, did you see how few LSU folks turned up for the relocated South Carolina game? I know the circumstances were different, but if an extra conference home game at discounted ticket prices popped up on the schedule a week before kickoff, Bryant-Denny or the Shoe would be close to full.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
My eyes are burning from reading the LSU boards. I think it is hilarious how they think the Refs are on Bama's side. Guess they haven't watched our past games. They also think Verne and Gary are Bama fans. :biggrin: Delusional fans.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
9:18 remaining and Bama gets the ball at its own 4 yd line. AND RUNS THE CLOCK OUT.

It doesn't get much better than that!
I agree! I was hoping for a 5-6 min drive. But to use up the whole 9:18 was amazing, especially since we had some penalties which we had to overcome as well.

I agree! I was hoping for a 5-6 min drive. But to use up the whole 9:18 was amazing, especially since we had some penalties which we had to overcome as well.
That's crazy! I think think that was possible but that offense was doing the job. I think Henry was running mad on that play too. That fumble was on his mind.

At 30-16, the game really wasn't that close.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

tide power fan

All-SEC
Nov 26, 2011
My eyes are burning from reading the LSU boards. I think it is hilarious how they think the Refs are on Bama's side. Guess they haven't watched our past games. They also think Verne and Gary are Bama fans. :biggrin: Delusional fans.
My LSU friend was talking Friday about how LSU was ripped off he was on the computer saying look at this that was an interception, my reply was why in the hell you bringing up that. They can't get over it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.