The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly LSwho style...

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
Re: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly LSwho styile...

Good: We are in our rightful place on top of the SEC West.
Bad: Arkansas tackling.
The Beautiful: Starting inside our own five yard line with over 9 minutes left in the game and substantiating a drive to run the clock out. The LSU offense missed an opportunity to hit the showers early. Their services were no longer required.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

I think dominating their defense the way we did was really the difference between this being one of those old fashion Bama-LSU slugfests and being effectively over in the early fourth quarter.

Of course, they had a backdoor shot at winning that game after the Henry fumble, the TD conceded on a short field, and the bad situation on the pooch corner kick. Their defense needed one stop and they would likely had decent field position with a chance to make it a one score game. Instead, we had a 9 minutes and 18 second game-ending drive with only two short passes and a whole bunch of Derrick Henry running. If that isn't dominating a defense then I don't know what is.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

"In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig."
Clint Eastwood
The Good, Bad and Ugly

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

the good: all phases of the game

the bad: there were a few drives that it seemed we just weren't aggressive on when we could've probably put it away earlier than what we did.

the ugly: LSU fans yelling obscenities during the national anthem and MOH recognition, and their demeanor after getting their butt kicked.

BradtheImpaler

All-American
Nov 16, 2010
Sugar Hill, GA

Good: The final 9:18 of the game. That was some 2009 vs. South Carolina stuff right there.

Bad: This thoughtful piece ("At Alabama, doubt replaces a football dynasty") by future Pulitzer-winner Dan Wolken.

Ugly: Ole Miss-Ark announcers' insistence on calling Mississippi's defense the "Land Sharks." SPOILER: Ole Miss surrendered 53 points in that game.

the Crimson Tide can no longer shut down good teams down.
Do they even have editors anymore?

I agree with your Good and Bad, but my Ugly would have to be that LSU drive that ended with the completion to the lineman.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa

The Good - an absolutely sick front seven, Derrick Henry, significant improvement for the O-line and Drake, Adam Griffith finding his stroke and gaining confidence.

The Bad - Penalties, especially on the OL.

The Ugly - The reappearance (occasionally) of DBs with no idea where the ball is.
Yeah, I think Cyrus would have had two interceptions if he had known where the ball was. On both of his interference calls he was in great position, but it doesn't matter if you don't know where the ball is and get called for interference.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

Good: Tim Williams, Dillon Lee, Nysewander, Derrick Henry

Bad: Busted coverage on the TD pass

Ugly: LSU and Leonard Fournette

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

This team looks as solid as any I've seen under a young 64 year old coach Saban.
Nysewander is a bad man!
After neutralizing the run, LSU embarrassing themselves throwing to a lineman.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006

Only bad I saw was the CBs still not turning to find the ball in the air.

Bluegrasstide

1st Team
Oct 31, 2010
Pikeville KY

The Good: O Line play, Defense, Adam Griffith

The Bad: Verne & Gary

The Ugly: deciphering a Lester Miles interview.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

Only bad I saw was the CBs still not turning to find the ball in the air.
Without question. I've about decided that we teach that technique and it's never going to change.
Third and 20 is our worst nightmare.
Still, overall, it was an incredible defensive performance and total team performance.
Can't complain too much about this one
RTR!
sip

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA

Good: Henry's dominating performance
Better: Our offense eating up the final 9:18 of the game
Best: That doggone defense is sick. Just sick I tell ya! :)

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama

Without question. I've about decided that we teach that technique and it's never going to change.
Third and 20 is our worst nightmare.
Still, overall, it was an incredible defensive performance and total team performance.
Can't complain too much about this one
RTR!
sip
Yep...I absolutely don't understand our DB's not turning around to find the ball. Cyrus would have had an interception one time had he just turned around and seen the ball coming. It hit him in the back, for goodness sakes!

Tide-one-on

All-SEC
Aug 14, 2003
Pensacola, FL 32514

Good: The Bama OL, DL, LB, RB, QB, WR, DB's, Kicker and Special teams! The drive at the end of the game is one of the best ever! No points scored but CLASSIC!
Bad: Blitzing our CB on the LSU TD pass. Didn't need to. Just play straight up! Great other than that call!
Ugly: Weather was bad here in Pensacola so I know it was awful up there before the game.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)

Yeah, I think Cyrus would have had two interceptions if he had known where the ball was. On both of his interference calls he was in great position, but it doesn't matter if you don't know where the ball is and get called for interference.
I think on the one in the end zone, Jones was hustling to catch up and get into position and didn't really have the time to turn as the ball was getting there so quickly.

Good: Bama's stuffing the run; I don't think I've seen a better performance
Bad: This is a stretch just to find something bad; Coker still needs to recognize when and how to step up into the pocket when the outside rush is getting close
Ugly: Bama penalties; 9 for 88 yards

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.