The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly LSwho style...

Bama Lee

All-American
Oct 13, 1999
Dallas, TX
The Good- Derrick Henry, Jacob Coker, Kenyon Drake, The Oline, The entire defense, and a big shout out to Adam Griffith.

The Bad- We are still letting WR's catch the long ball... but minor gripe.

The Ugly- Watching Leonard Fournette's Heisman hopes dwindle away.

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
Re: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly LSwho styile...

Good - 58 minutes of Alabama
Bad - 2 minutes of LSU
Ugly - Ole Miss losing by the same goofy luck they won with in our game - If you didn't see that finish, make a point of it ...

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL

Good: Blocking & Tackling. At every level of football from Pop Warner to Canton, every game ever played has come down to blocking and tackling. Our offensive line played a whale of a game. And goodness, this defense....

Bad: Henry's late fumble. But whatever. The guy went for 210 on 38 carries. What are ya gonna do?

Ugly: Jacob [redacted] Coker going backward in the face of pressure instead of stepping up into the pocket. He's done that all year. And it always kills our drives. Prime example: one of his sacks in the 2nd half. We're 2nd and 7 after moving the ball very well. Pass play, protection breaks down. Coker retreats backward. Takes a sack we're now 3rd and 18. Let's say he steps up into the pocket and is sacked. Worst case scenario, we're 3rd & 9 or 3rd & 8. HUGE difference. He's gotta work on that. I know it's natural to think that he is what he's gonna be at this point. But this can be corrected. If not, it will hurt us big time.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA

Good - 58 minutes of Alabama
Bad - 2 minutes of LSU
Ugly - Ole Miss losing by the same goofy luck they won with in our game - If you didn't see that finish, make a point of it ...
I think that ending was even crazier than the plays against us. That fourth down play was unbelievable. What I really loved though was the facemask on the first two point try. Krymsonman

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

All I saw was great.

Great running game
Great passing game
Great 3rd down conversion rate (has been a huge problem all season)
Great O-Line play
Great special teams (great kicking, Adam!)
Great defense (everybody - just, wow!)

tidehawk

HS Moderator
Staff member
Feb 9, 2001
Wetumpka, AL

Good: Bama's defense. Make that Great.
Bad: Henry's fumble allowing LSU to get to 16 points.
Ugly: Leonard Fournette's beard.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL

Good: Everything
Bad & Ugly: I'll never find anything bad or ugly in a 14 pt win vs. LSU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

Good: Alabama offense, defense and special teams. Ole Miss lost.

Bad: they scored 16 points. turnovers

Ugly: LSU's guard with the one handed catch. good catch though.

22Musso22

Forget the Bad and Ugly and a huge Good to Derrick Henry, but our Defensive Front 7 is the BEST College Front 7 I have ever seen!

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA

Good: A'Shawn Robinson making plays all over the field - he leaped over a lineman for goodness sake!; defense was awesome; ADAM GRIFFITH; Derrick; Kenyan Drake seemed to get back in his groove; Dillon Lee
Bad: Coker seemed little too quick to tuck and run, rather than step up or throw the ball away
Ugly: Fournette's Heisman hopes; late TD given up off Henry fumble

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

Good: Solid play and poise from the team. They didn't get caught up in the hype and it showed. Henry and Drake were in beast mode.
Bad: Holding penalties
Ugly: Fournette held to less than 50 yards ... and it could have gotten uglier lol

Honorable mention for good for AG's 55 yard kick. Good to see that happen for him and his confidence.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Probably should have done a The Great, The Good, and the LSU Tigers this week

DC Tide

1st Team
Sep 13, 2007

Good: The final 9:18 of the game. That was some 2009 vs. South Carolina stuff right there.

Bad: This thoughtful piece ("At Alabama, doubt replaces a football dynasty") by future Pulitzer-winner Dan Wolken.

Ugly: Ole Miss-Ark announcers' insistence on calling Mississippi's defense the "Land Sharks." SPOILER: Ole Miss surrendered 53 points in that game.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al

It's all good . We beat 'em like a drum. Never in my wildest dreams did I see us dominating the LSU offense like we did.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa

Good- Defense, defense, defense- man, were they impressive. I think A. Robinson played his best game, and that is saying something. Lee also had many good plays, but the entire defense controlled the line of scrimmage. Speaking of which, the o-line was also very solid. The offense only tried to get cute a few times, and that is when we made mistakes and had negative plays. Overall, the offense really took care of business. D. Henry really stepped up and raised his level of play even more. Speaking of which, other than one bad punt, the kickers were very solid. I hope we can keep playing this well in all three phases for six more games.
Bad- The aforementioned getting cute a few times on offense is it.
Ugly- Vandy v. Florida, AU v. TAMU

rolltiderman

Scout Team
Aug 20, 2005

Good: Bama
Bad: LSU
Ugly: playing at Miss State next week.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Hooks4bama

1st Team
Oct 16, 2005
Montgomery

The Good: All around solid play both sides of the ball.
Bad: Secondary not turning around to defend the pass. I heard it mentioned in a broadcast earlier this season that CNS has taught this as of late.
Ugly: Danny Kanell

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham

The Good - an absolutely sick front seven, Derrick Henry, significant improvement for the O-line and Drake, Adam Griffith finding his stroke and gaining confidence.

The Bad - Penalties, especially on the OL.

The Ugly - The reappearance (occasionally) of DBs with no idea where the ball is.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.