Dabo

James Eagle

1st Team
Aug 9, 2011
North Georgia
Why so much hate for one of our own being successful? I guess I must have missed something. There is nothing wrong with showing enthusiasm and celebrating with your players, and I agree that a lot of it is just his personality. I am not advocating that he should be our next coach by any means when Coach Saban retires, but I am happy to see him having success and dethroning the thugs at FSU in the ACC.
I totally agree! Thank goodness for individuals that feel confident and comfortable with themselves and want to do it their way. This would be a boring world without them. God bless Dabo!

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
All coaches have their personality, and if winning, and it's not degrading, more power to Dabo. But I agree that his personality does not fit what we are used to from our great coaches. I had my fill of "players coach" to last a lifetime. I want them to be scared of the coach and then worship like a God down the road somewhere for teaching them to be a man.

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
I'm just sayin, he seems to be hitting his peak at the right time. Yes, I wish we could find the Holy Grail and keep Coach Saban around forever. But since Indy isn't walking thru that door to help us find it, he won't be. I think Dabo would be a good choice, he's an enthusiastic young-ish coach that can recruit and is a Bama grad.
Dabo will never be the head coach at the University of Alabama. He is too cheesy, too goofy at times, sometimes wears his religion on his sleeve or hides behind his religion in recruiting ( like Hugh Freeze) and most of all- some questions about his recruiting while an assistant at the Capstone. Just my opinion.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Dabo will never be the head coach at the University of Alabama. He is too cheesy, too goofy at times, sometimes wears his religion on his sleeve or hides behind his religion in recruiting ( like Hugh Freeze) and most of all- some questions about his recruiting while an assistant at the Capstone. Just my opinion.
I wonder about that sometimes. They are the historical SC school but I was surprised at how well he did against Spurrier in recruiting during the early years. One young Dabo vs Steve Spurrier, and he would get 75% of them.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
I really don't like the way Dabo does some things. Would hope not to see them from a Bama head coach. However, there's little doubt he's getting some very good results.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
Quite honestly, Dabo needs to put on a gas station attendant suit and just join the A&M yell leaders.

I cannot stomach all his cheerleading. He's anti-Saban (in terms of personality).
And, that's not necessarily a bad thing. I hope he wins every game as Clemson coach, unless he plays Bama.

bamabryan

Hall of Fame
Jan 1, 2006
Alabaster, AL.
For me personally the main reason I don't want to see Dabo at Alabama is due to his recruiting tactics and his role in Alabama getting into trouble with the NCAA. This is the reason I don't think and would hope he gets no consideration for our head coaching position when CNS retires or leaves Alabama.

The other reason is I just don't see where he fits the part of Head Football Coach at the University of Alabama. I still remember Dabo giddy and about to wet on himself at half time when Clempson was beating All-Barn a few years back at the half. All-Barn came back to win the game. He's done this over and over and over. As I said in another post I have no problem with a coach showing emotion but Dabo goes overboard with it. If we have an opening for a Head Cheerleading Coach he should be at the top of the list. Football Coach is an entirely different story. I can't stand his ra-ra coaching style.

Lastly he's the coach at Clemson. We are talking the ACC in football not basketball! It is what it is I guess but it must be nice to play in a conference where you have to get ready to play one conference game a year and maybe one non-conference game against a good team. I can only imagine how CNS would absolutely own and dominate the ACC if he coached in that conference.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.