Black Mizzou players say they'll strike until president Tim Wolfe resigns

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
I heard Wolfe described today as "enduring death by a thousand cuts. That sounds pretty accurate to me

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Remember the graduate student health insurance part of the story was apparently the reason Butler went on the hunger strike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I love your passion, objectivity and pursuit of truth.

You remind me a lot of myself (in my better days) and who I desire to be (in my not so better ones).

Thx.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Don't have a link to support this, but........(I know some will kvetch)........

The grad student who was so upset at the racist environment did 4 years there, as an undergrad. Now in his 4th, as a grad student.

I would think he would have not needed 8 years to figure out it was a racist and horrible place.

And speaking of hostile environment..........here is some precious snowflake explaining why it is such a horrible place:

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/11/10/missouri-student-assoc-vp-tired-of-hearing-1st-amendment-protects-students-creating-hostile-and-unsafe-environment/

Sorry, snowflake, the same First Amendment that protects my right to call you an idiot is the same right that allows you to show us just how much of an idiot you really are. Maybe Fidel will give you a nice safe space, to mellow out in.

Not likely, but I digress...........

And anyone who wants to pretend that these precious snowflakes, away from Mommy and Daddy, at the tender age of 18-22, and need some special protection...........

Yeah, you can guess what I think.

If those horrible words offend them so dang much: stop listening to rap music! (If it can actually be called music.) That would be a good first step.

tidegrandpa

All-American
Don't have a link to support this, but........(I know some will kvetch)........

The grad student who was so upset at the racist environment did 4 years there, as an undergrad. Now in his 4th, as a grad student.

I would think he would have not needed 8 years to figure out it was a racist and horrible place.

And speaking of hostile environment..........here is some precious snowflake explaining why it is such a horrible place:

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/11/10/missouri-student-assoc-vp-tired-of-hearing-1st-amendment-protects-students-creating-hostile-and-unsafe-environment/

Sorry, snowflake, the same First Amendment that protects my right to call you an idiot is the same right that allows you to show us just how much of an idiot you really are. Maybe Fidel will give you a nice safe space, to mellow out in.

Not likely, but I digress...........

And anyone who wants to pretend that these precious snowflakes, away from Mommy and Daddy, at the tender age of 18-22, and need some special protection...........

Yeah, you can guess what I think.

If those horrible words offend them so dang much: stop listening to rap music! (If it can actually be called music.) That would be a good first step.
At that age my pop was flying bombing missions over Europe. He came home at 23 with 65 missions under his belt, 2 Purple Hearts and the Distinguished Flying Cross.

Excuse me if I'm dismissive of this crap.

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
At that age my pop was flying bombing missions over Europe. He came home at 23 with 65 missions under his belt, 2 Purple Hearts and the Distinguished Flying Cross.

Excuse me if I'm dismissive of this crap.
God Bless Him, especially here on Veterans Day

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Oh, dear.............here is a politician who is not "down with the struggle" (translation: his career is now in serious jeopardy):

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...souri-protest-defends-first-amendment-rights/

“Faculty and staff cannot be allowed to pick and choose which rights, viewpoints and freedoms they respect. I renew my call to restore law and order on campus, so the rights of all are protected. The University of Missouri is funded by taxpayers. It is imperative that it be a place where freedom is paramount and all voices are heard.”
“I will tell you why people in the Northeast and all over the country should be concerned about what’s unfolded recently on the campus of the University of Missouri and it is this: it’s coming to a campus near you. This is part of a national movement. Some of the protesters were probably well motivated, but some of the other protesters are very much connected and bound up in and members of the Black Lives Matter movement…and when they saw a chance to rope some members of the football team into the protests, demanding the resignation of the President, that is a tactic that’s going to be tried on campuses. It just happened to be the first time they tried it was at Missouri.”
Hmm, sounds like something a weirdo from Texas has been saying................hmm, very strange. And dangerous!

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Pardon another of my o/t diversions, but since someone started it, even though they did not know it..............

Dad had his "white male privilege", in the form of shrapnel, in his knee, that he got in '45, in Germany. He still had that same "white male privilege", in '55, when he decided that running his own garage was not the best way to go about things. He applied to the GM training center, that was 5 miles (or so) from our house, so he could train to become a "Mr. Goodwrench".

Except he was presented with a different "white male privilege": they only hired real Americans. Since Dad's family moved back to Italy, and they ended up spending 3 years there (probably since it took his dad that long to save up enough $ to bring the family back), he was not considered a real American. Despite serving in the Army, fighting in "the big one", and still carrying that reminder of doing his duty to his country. This was during the "red menace" days, so they (probably) used that as an excuse not to hire the dirty dago. Who knows?

He still had that "white male privilege" with him, 5 years later, when he went to an early grave.

Guess who has never owned a GM car, and never will. (Hint: he has a hot rod Plymouth.)

So much for "white male privilege".

OK...........the funny part of the story.

Dad had 3 older sisters. The one right above him told me most of the details, of their time in Italy, a year or so before I would have not had the opportunity to hear about it.

She was born in America, grew up speaking "American", and then had to learn Italian, so she could go to school in Italy.

Then learn American, all over again, when they returned. Well, I thought it was funny.

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
To add on to my previous post, where we ended with the militants obstructing President Wolfe at the homecoming parade...

We now see illegals suing MU over not receiving in-state tution...

http://www.themaneater.com/stories/2015/10/13/immigrants-sue-mu-over-state-tuition/

Three Missouri students are filing separate suits against MU, St. Louis Community College and the Metropolitan Community College in Kansas City after having their college costs skyrocket this semester, according to an Oct. 13 American Civil Liberties Union of Missouri news release.

Their tuition rates increased from recent rewording of House Bill 3, which prohibits students with an “unlawful presence” from receiving in-state tuition.
“Our Missouri public institutions of higher learning exist to open the doors of opportunity to hard-working students striving to get ahead,” ACLU of Missouri Executive Director Jeffrey Mittman said in the release. “Now, there are extreme financial burdens being put on the backs of students already struggling to achieve their goals of higher education. To punish students who had no say in how they arrived in this country is not only mean-spirited, it is against the law.”
Next, the proposal for a mandatory "Diversity Training Class" moves forward...

http://www.themaneater.com/stories/2015/10/20/mu-publishes-detailed-proposal-diversity-course/

On Oct. 14, astronomy professor Angela Speck, chair of the Diversity Enhancement Committee, published a detailed proposal calling for all students to be required to take a general-education level diversity class. The class chosen is a three-credit-hour course titled Educational, School and Counseling Psychology 2000: Experiencing Cultural Diversity in the United States. The university currently offers two sections of this class each semester.

In light of recent events occurring both on campus and nationwide, much attention has been drawn to the issue of diversity and cultural competency on MU’s campus.

Diversity Enhancement?

Next, the Black Militant "Student 1950" group releases their "DEMANDS" on October 20th. MU is given all of 8 days to concede, errr, "respond"

Concerned Student 1.9.5.0
presents
List of Demands
to
The University of Missouri

To: The University of Missouri

October 20, 2015

During the University of Missouri’s 104th homecoming parade, Saturday, October 10, 2015,

eleven Black student leaders on campus interjected themselves into the parade, presenting UM

system president, Tim Wolfe, and the Columbia community with a demonstration addressing

Mizzou’s history of racial violence and exclusivity. The demonstration covered the raw, painful,

and often silenced history of racism and discrimination on the University of Missouri’s campus.

This history of racism at Mizzou dates back to 1935 when Lloyd Gaines petitioned the university

to be its first Black law student and was denied admission. The actual year that the first Black

student, Gus T. Ridgel, was accepted in the University of Missouri wasn’t until 1950, hence

where the concept of “Concerned Student 1950” comes from.Concerned Student 1950, thus, represents every Black student admitted to the University of

Missouri since then and their sentiments regarding race.related affairs affecting their lives at a

predominantly white institution. Not only do our white peers sit in silence in the face of our

oppression but also our administrators who perpetuate that oppression through their inaction.

The Black experience on Mizzou’s campus is cornered in offices and rarely attended to until it

reaches media. Then, and only then, do campus administrators seek reactionary initiatives to

attest to the realities of oppressed students, faculty, and staff. These temporary adjustments to

the university’s behaviors are not enough to assure that future generations of marginalized

students will have a safe and inclusive learning experience during their time at Mizzou.

It is important to note that, as students, it is not our job to ensure that the policies and practices

of the University of Missouri work to maintain a safe, secure and unbiased campus climate for

all of its students. We do understand, however, that change does not happen without a catalyst.

Concerned Student 1950 has invested time, money, intellectual capital, and excessive energy to

bring to the forefront these issues and to get administration on board so that we, as students,

may turn our primary focus back to what we are on campus to do: obtain our degrees.

The following document presents the demands of Concerned Student 1950. This document

reflects the adjustments that we feel should be made to the University. We expect a response to

these demands by 5:00pm on October 28, 2015. If we do not receive a response to these demands by the date above, we will take appropriate nnonviolent actions. If there are any questions, comments or concerns, you may forward them toConcernedStudent1950@gmail.com.

The struggle continues,
Concerned Student 1950

List of Demands

I. We demand that the University of Missouri System President, Tim Wolfe, writes a handwritten

apology to the Concerned Student 1.9.5.0 demonstrators and holds a press conference in the

Mizzou Student Center reading the letter. In the letter and at the press conference, Tim Wolfe

must acknowledge his white male privilege, recognize that systems of oppression exist, and

provide a verbal commitment to fulfilling Concerned Student 1.9.5.0 demands. We want Tim

Wolfe to admit to his gross negligence, allowing his driver to hit one of the demonstrators,

consenting to the physical violence of bystanders, and lastly refusing to intervene when

Columbia Police Department used excessive force with demonstrators.

II. We demand the immediate removal of Tim Wolfe as UM system president. After his removal

a new amendment to UM system policies must be established to have all future UM system

president and Chancellor positions be selected by a collective of students, staff, and faculty of

diverse backgrounds

List of Demands

I. We demand that the University of Missouri System President, Tim Wolfe, writes a handwritten

apology to the Concerned Student 1.9.5.0 demonstrators and holds a press conference in the

Mizzou Student Center reading the letter. In the letter and at the press conference, Tim Wolfe

must acknowledge his white male privilege, recognize that systems of oppression exist, and

provide a verbal commitment to fulfilling Concerned Student 1.9.5.0 demands. We want Tim

Wolfe to admit to his gross negligence, allowing his driver to hit one of the demonstrators,

consenting to the physical violence of bystanders, and lastly refusing to intervene when

Columbia Police Department used excessive force with demonstrators.

II. We demand the immediate removal of Tim Wolfe as UM system president. After his removal

a new amendment to UM system policies must be established to have all future UM system

president and Chancellor positions be selected by a collective of students, staff, and faculty of

diverse backgrounds.

III. We demand that the University of Missouri meets the Legion of Black Collegians' demands

that were presented in 1969 for the betterment of the black community.

IV. We demand that the University of Missouri creates and enforces comprehensive racial

awareness and inclusion curriculum throughout all campus departments and units, mandatory

for all students, faculty, staff, and administration. This curriculum must be vetted, maintained,

and overseen by a board comprised of students, staff, and faculty of color.

V. We demand that by the academic year 2017.2018, the University of Missouri increases the

percentage of black faculty and staff campus.wide to 10%

AThe demands can be seen here - I see no way to describe this group save for unreasonable and privileged extremists

http://www.columbiatribune.com/list...pdf_345ad844-9f05-5479-9b64-e4b362b4e155.html
ht

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
I haven't read the whole thread and I am aware of what is going on but to me this seems a bit silly. Is this a coincidence that this is in Missouri?

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
A university professor of communications showing this lack of respect for freedom of speech and freedom of inquiry, the media, the rule of law, and calling for "muscle" to stop media from videotaping the proceedings, is, frankly, appalling.
This is not about politeness or decorum. Something more important and more fundamental is at stake here. The free exchange of ideas, and the competition of ideas in which the best ideas triumph depends on access to information. The fact that Prof. Click seemed to believe that Concerned Students 1950 get to reserve their own "space" (surely the most overused and tired cliche in academia today), and to ask others to intervene to force the media away from the proceedings on public property, shows she does not understand the idea and its critical role in the success of the West. Maybe she resents the West's success over other societies. If so, she should so state, but those embracing that position are laying the groundwork for a bunch of not so pleasant events that will follow, as surely as night follows day.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
A university professor of communications showing this lack of respect for freedom of speech and freedom of inquiry, the media, the rule of law, and calling for "muscle" to stop media from videotaping the proceedings, is, frankly, appalling.
This is not about politeness or decorum. Something more important and more fundamental is at stake here. The free exchange of ideas, and the competition of ideas in which the best ideas triumph depends on access to information. The fact that Prof. Click seemed to believe that Concerned Students 1950 get to reserve their own "space" (surely the most overused and tired cliche in academia today), and to ask others to intervene to force the media away from the proceedings on public property, shows she does not understand the idea and its critical role in the success of the West. Maybe she resents the West's success over other societies. If so, she should so state, but those embracing that position are laying the groundwork for a bunch of not so pleasant events that will follow, as surely as night follows day.
Here's another video of her. She mocks the photog when he brings up the First Amendment. Luckily, her coworkers are working to remove her after her actions.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=1S3yMzEee18

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.