Black Mizzou players say they'll strike until president Tim Wolfe resigns

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I've about decided that all that anti-bullying campaign of the last 20 years accomplished was create a bunch of sissies. I surmise if they had to fear a military draft like my Dad's generation did they'd act different.

On a related note - didn't the 4th and 25 Arky play remind any of you of a backyard game of smear the (word I can't say)? It did me.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
Yes, they (fascists) got their noses under the tent and look what has happened. I feel bad for Missouri alumni who don't even know what has hit them. Reading their comments, they are embarrassed and angry.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
So he says. I didn't hear a damned thing.

And btw - in this day and age of I phones, where the hell is a PICTURE of the ACTUAL POOP SWASTIKA?

The one they're using has been online since at least November 2014, which means it wasn't pooped out in September or October. WHERE IS THE EVIDENCE??????

Let me go on the record that I now support universal free daycare for graduate students. As kiddies, not as parents.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
One of my favorite groups of all time is FIRE (Foundation for Individual Rights in Education) - pretty self explanatory what they stand for. Many of the infringements on college (and other) campuses that were later walked back were solely or largely because of FIRE's intervention.

https://www.thefire.org/mizzou-prof...-police-claim-hurtful-speech-can-be-punished/

esterday morning, thousands of protesters took to Carnahan Quadrangle to celebrate Wolfe’s resignation. FIRE takes no stance on the content of the protests. We believe that students’ ability to hold protests like these on campus without administrative or police interference is vitally important—that’s why we worked with Missouri’s legislature to pass theCampus Free Expression (CAFE) Act earlier this year. The new law prohibits public universities like Mizzou from silencing student voices by quarantining them into tiny or remote free speech zones.
In that spirit, FIRE is troubled by the treatment of student journalists Tim Tai and Mark Schierbecker
, who attempted to film and photograph events on campus yesterday morning.
University of Missouri Police Department Responds (Badly)

As this controversy continued generating headlines, this morning Mizzou’s Police Department emailed the campus community asking students to report incidents of “hurtful speech” and warning the campus community that the university’s Office of Student Conduct can take “disciplinary action” against students for such expression. This is a blatant misstatement of the First Amendment. As a public university, Mizzou cannot punish speech simply because it’s hurtful to others.

FIRE supports students’ right to protest. We’re encouraged to see that Mizzou’s administration appears to have respected the protesters’ rights thus far. It’s troubling to think what could have happened to protesters if they were not protected by the CAFE Act, which requires Mizzou to allow protest on campus public spaces. What FIRE cannot support, however, is the use of force by protesters against student journalists and the police department’s claims that a university can punish hurtful speech. Protest, counterprotest, and media coverage of both are protected by the First Amendment, and it’s important that every member of the Mizzou campus community remembers that.

Fortunately, it appears that Concerned Student 1950 protesters have received that message. Today, a student representative told a journalist that they are attempting to change their relationship with the press, saying “we’re students, we’re learning as we go along.” Members also appear to be handing out flyers explaining that the incident with the press was a “teachable moment,” and acknowledging that the press has a right to cover the protest. Assuming this apparent change of heart is reflected in the protesters’ actions going forward, the next critical step is for the University of Missouri police and administration to disavow any intention to punish people for protected expression, as threatened in the police department’s email. Free expression at Mizzou will not be safe until they do.
That next to last last bit seems purely like a PR move. They knew what they were doing and it was planned. You do not get to take over public spaces by force and remove those who oppose you or those trying to expose the situation to the world. If you desire a "safe space" go the hell home.

ETA: Mizzou has no authority to punish "hurtful speech". Speech disruptive to a class? Yes. Because someone's feelings got hurt? Even if it's hateful and offensive and reviled by me? No.

Last edited:

HSV256

1st Team
Sep 7, 2006
Huntsville, AlaBAMA
We lament school threats and shootings until it threatens black people.

But then again, I shouldn't be surprised. American history will show there has never been a time when blacks demanded equal treatment without backlash.

Its time for some of us to openly admit that we'd rather them suffer in silence.

HSV256

1st Team
Sep 7, 2006
Huntsville, AlaBAMA
I don't think you're getting the point that these are isolated incidents so I guess I'll try another out to make you understand. Let's just say tomorrow someone calls a vet a coward or stomps on a flag would the reaction be the same as what happened? The answer is no we've been down this route millions of times.
Except this stuff is actually going on...on campus.

But by all means, believe what makes you sleep better.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

But then again, I shouldn't be surprised. American history will show there has never been a time when blacks demanded equal treatment without backlash.

Its time for some of us to openly admit that we'd rather them suffer in silence.
Who has not lamented a threatened shooting of black people?! I just found out about the threat and it is sickening. But yeah, go along with your prejudiced and bigoted rhetoric.

I can't post a link to the content, but a threat went out over a social media app, Yak, which is popular on college campuses and offers anonymity. The threat was against black persons on the Mizzou campus tomorrow. It is a despicable and illegal act to threaten anyone no matter their color and it is a very serious matter. I hope the person who made the threat is brought to justice without any blood being shed.

HSV256, these baseless accusations need to stop. You are pulling right from Alinsky's rules. You don't have a leg to stand on. Your insolence is only exceeded by your ignorance. No one here of which I am aware and no true American would ever condone threats of this manner.

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

So everyone Who doesn't agree with you on this issue 100% is either racist or ignorant of history. Ok...,

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.