Black Mizzou players say they'll strike until president Tim Wolfe resigns

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I don't usually use feces ,but when I do I prefer my own!:eek2:
I am throwing the red "bovine scatology" flag on this one.
People of today's college generation use their smart phones to photograph everything.
The absence of photos means this one did not happen.

Last edited:

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
I am throwing the red "bovine scatology" flag on this one.
People of today's college generation use their smart phones to photograph everything.
The lack of photos means this one did not happen.
Lack??

More like the complete absence

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
http://www.columbiamissourian.com/n...5-b0cf-bb630925a535.html#.VkB_wY-Uyr8.twitter

Evidently at least some of the faculty was going to walk out. Perhaps the walk out was pre-empted by Wolfe's resignation.

COLUMBIA — MU faculty plan to walk out of class Monday and Tuesday in support of student activists.

Faculty also urged students to check their emails to hear more from professors, according to a news release.

It was unclear from the release, which was sent out at 11:40 p.m. Sunday, how many faculty plan to walk out.

"We, the concerned faculty of the University of Missouri, stand in solidarity with Mizzou student activists who are advocating for racial justice on our campus and urge all MU faculty to demonstrate their support by walking out on Monday, Nov. 9, and Tuesday, Nov. 10," the statement, sent out by associate professor Elisa Glick, said.

"Faculty will meet at the Carnahan Quadrangle starting at 10 a.m. and will be present throughout the day to respond to student questions in the form of a teach in," the statement said.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Man, I don't know what's going on up in Columbia but this sounds like more than just some 'entitled millennials' if some faculty were willing to walk out...

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
Man, I don't know what's going on up in Columbia but this sounds like more than just some 'entitled millennials' if some faculty were willing to walk out...
College professors willing to support liberal activist ideas? Sounds about par for the course, to me.

The school has already started caving, so they are safe - bullet-proof - in jumping aboard now.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
"Assistant Professor Melissa Click has merely resigned from a “courtesy appointment” in the University of Missouri’s School of Journalism, a separate entity from the Department of Communications, in which she holds her salaried teaching position."

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog...ed_some_muscle_prof_tries_damage_control.html

So she has only made a show of her resignation, she keeps her paycheck and real job.
So a courtesy appointment is basically nothing? Can someone explain what a "courtesy appointment" is?:conf3:

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
So a courtesy appointment is basically nothing? Can someone explain what a "courtesy appointment" is?:conf3:
Prof. Click is a member of the School of Communications, if I understand Mizzou's organization correctly, and she had a position (free of pay) with (ironically) the School of Journalism. She resigned the free position to make a show of sacrificing something for her misdeeds and is retaining her paid position in the School of Communications.

She took her PhD from the University of Massachusetts, for what it is worth.

russtang

All-American
Apr 11, 2007
Central Alabama
www.uniquetitanium.com
Get ready for it here at UA.
Just like I said in the thread on the football forum. This is a national "movement" that is being planned and orchestrated from left wing sources.
Notice all the similarities in the claims and demands.

http://www.al.com/opinion/index.ssf/2015/11/black_ua_students_produce_vide.html#incart_river_home

"In a weekend filled with high profile games played by Alabama, Clemson and LSU, it's a sign of the times that it was student-athletes from Mizzou that dominated the headlines.Building on months of racial turmoil, the Tigers' black athletes (who were soon joined by their white coaches and teammates), walked off the field and pledged to boycott the sport until the University's president Tim Wolfe resigned. Days later, he did. It shows the power of college athletics but also the reach of racial tensions on the collegiate level.
All across the country, from Ole Miss to Yale, from UA to UCLA, students of color are increasingly speaking up on issues of systemic racism. Protests and counter-protests have led to innumerable conversations about the roles of professors and faculty in facilitating racial harmony, whether there are limits to free speech and a free press, and, have highlighted the cultural clashes that emerge on a campus setting.
Three students of color at the University of Alabama aren't waiting for a professor or administrator to facilitate a conversation on race. They're bringing the issue straight to their fellow students. Seniors Amanda Bennett, SGA President Elliot Spillers and A.J. James produced a brief video, directed by fellow student Patrick Maddox, highlighting the racism that they've experienced on campus.
Warning: This video contains adult language.

Ms. Bennett spearheaded the project and shared her inspiration, her hopes for the campus and her struggles in an exclusive Q&A with AL.com
How did this video come together?
Bennett: Elliot sent me a link to an article from the University of Missouri called "The New Black," in which black students at the university were photographed and wrote one or two paragraphs about what it meant to them to be black in America. I was inspired by the project, and I wanted to construct a similar one that was specific to the University of Alabama. I also watched several episodes of Cecile Emeke's "Strolling" YouTube series, which profiles black people in different countries in Europe. So I combined the two ideas to make a video profiling students of color and how their experiences at the university have been marred by the culture of racism, sexism, homophobia, and islamophobia on campus. I brought the idea for the project to Patrick Maddox, and we worked together to craft a particular aesthetic for the film that would best convey each student's message.
When did you begin production – was this inspired by the Concerned Student 1950 movement in Missouri or was it already in the works? How does UA's campus environment compare to the stories that have been coming out of Mizzou, Yale and UCLA in recent weeks?
Bennett:We've been working on this project for at least a month. I think that students of color across the country-- especially students in the SEC-- have been aware of inequalities and dehumanizing treatment on their campuses for a long time, and I'm glad that so many students are finally taking on the seemingly Herculean task of fighting institutional oppression in universities.
How has the reaction been by your peers on campus?
Bennett: The reaction has been overwhelmingly positive, and I am grateful for that. I have seen the hateful behavior practiced by both students and members of the KKK at schools such as the University of Missouri and the University of Mississippi, and I can only hope that that kind of violence and bigotry will not erupt on UA's campus. However, UA does have a history of racist Yik Yak posts, hanging nooses in public places, calling black students "the n word," and drawing swastikas on campus so it is entirely possible.
What about your professors and faculty?
Bennett: My professors have also been extremely supportive of my work with both the Huffington Post and with this film, and I am grateful for their support and guidance. My professors have been some of the most influential people in my life during my time on campus, and I thank them for sharing their scholarly knowledge and experiences with me.
What changes would you like to see from the UA administration?
Bennett: I would like to see the administration finally establish a Division of Diversity and Equity, as well as a Dean or Vice-President of Diversity. Students also need a safe and efficient way of reporting hate crimes and sexual assaults that happen on campus. I would also like to see a safe space for students of color established in the student center, as well as a complete re-evaluation of how minority faculty members are hired and compensated. Not only are faculty members of color severely underrepresented, they are also less likely to obtain tenure-track positions and receive sufficient funding from their departments.
Also, I would like to see buildings on campus that are named after white supremacists, Klansmen, eugenicists, and slaveowners to be either renamed or marked with a description that explains the history of racism with which the building's namesake is associated."

Last edited:

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
Well, there it is. Pandora's box is now open. ANYtime someone feels insulted, slighted, ridiculed, or heaven forbid, ever made to feel sad or unhappy, we will see a repeat of this circus all over the country. Fail a test? No problem, claim the professor discriminated against you. Don't make the team? No problem claim you were discriminated against. Don't get the job you want? No problem, say you were discriminated against. IT'S CALLED LIFE!

You see the trend.... it won't stop. God help this country.

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
We have seen no visual proof of any of the alleged incidents. This smells like a coup and no one has the guts or care to call the militant liars out on it

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
We have seen no visual proof of any of the alleged incidents. This smells like a coup and no one has the guts or care to call the militant liars out on it

It is worse than that. They are being glorified in the media, including on ESPN. The narrative is out there now and the truth will be ignored.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Don't think has been mentioned yet (along with all the discussion of fake poop art, and professors getting caught advocating fascism and the elimination of free speech), but looks like the cranky whining sniveling little brats have forced out a professor that seems like they are just trying to do their job:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...er-resignation-supposed-racial-insensitivity/

His crime? Not cancelling a test, during a day of a proposed display of childish petulance and anarchy.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Wow. I had no idea. I'm far more naive than I thought - and I think I'm pretty naive...

It certainly appears that this whole thing is a sham. Disgusting.

Well, I could say "Told you so", but I won't. (Or did I just do that? I'm old and confused..............dang, I must be some kind of racist. Not sure what kind, but some kind.)

George Soros says "Hi! And maintain that naive attitude."

OK, I'll stop now. For a while.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.