JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
LSU wrap-up: Bama not challenged in romp over Tigers
by Jess Nicholas
TideFans Editor-In-Chief
November 8th, 2015 05:31 AM

By Jess Nicholas TideFans.com Editor-In-Chief Nov. 8, 2015 That Alabama defeated LSU in Bryant-Denny Stadium Saturday night to retake the reins of its own playoff destiny wasn’t really a surprise to those who are familiar with Alabama’s recent seasons. What’s surprising is that the Crimson Tide wasn’t really challenged at all by an LSU team […]

Read More Here

HMM

All-SEC
Sep 1, 2007
Well said indeed! It was awesome watching them play at the level we all knew they could, in every aspect of the game.

Moonman613

Nov 27, 2013
For two quarters, they held their own and then wore down.

Have not seen the box yet. What did Fournette end up with? Did he get 50 yards? He had that one decent run late in the game.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
I don't particularly like time-traveling, because the present of Alabama football is quickly becoming incomparable, but if a certain coach were around today and going on the air at 4, he might use the word greatness.

Last edited:

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Thanks Jess, great read. I agree on Drake...I was like a proud Momma watching him finally get explosive plays again.

bamakeeb

3rd Team
May 2, 2011
Beautiful day. Telling sign: LSU's first drive consisted of run (first), pass attempt (second), pass attempt (third) and punt. It's like they ran once and decided, yep, that's not gonna work. Plan B!

Craxycat

All-SEC
Apr 24, 2009
Thanks Jess, great read. I agree on Drake...I was like a proud Momma watching him finally get explosive plays again.
Me Too! Proud of these guys like Nysewander, Griffith (Ok I admit I teared up when Reggie was so proud for him after the kick...little moisture, just a little) and Drake were spectacular! So happy for Drake in this game!

Thanks Jess for this btw, gushing on the team forgot to say thanks ;)

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I'd note that we called more interior runs for Drake which I have been just short of shouting at the television for since week 2. He's not a small back, no use to treat him like a scat back...give him some power runs because thats what this OL blocks best.

We did that yesterday and the performance from Drake showed...

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
I didn't circle back to this part of the pregame article in the wrap-up, but I will here: We talked about how LSU had been giving up about 2x as many points in the second half of games this year, without much evidence of adjustment. I didn't see any explosion of genius in the second half of last night's game, either.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
I didn't circle back to this part of the pregame article in the wrap-up, but I will here: We talked about how LSU had been giving up about 2x as many points in the second half of games this year, without much evidence of adjustment. I didn't see any explosion of genius in the second half of last night's game, either.
And their defensive players could hardly raise their arms in the fourth quarter as Henry and Drake ran by them.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Ive watched a little more of the game, and noticed how often they showed Fournette on the sideline......he knew. You could look in his eyes EARLY in the game.... he knew.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.