The loud crowd set the tone early on

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
On one of the plays in front of the student section where they got called for delay of game and Harris got pummeled in the EZ, Chris Stewart on the sideline said he could not hear the whistles blowing the play dead. He saw the refs arm signals and that is how he know they blew it dead. Folks that is LOUD! Guy at field level and can't hear the shrill whistle from the refs. Bravo my friends. That is what this crowd is capable of. Just gotta bring it every week.
Def heard it when the white hat blew it while his mic was still on!

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I wouldn't bump this thread to post the following, but I've caught it near the top, so here goes...

I have now followed up on my "So Gus won't cuss" thread from a few weeks ago with "The loud crowd set the tone early on"

:biggrin: :cool2: :tongue:

I seem to have issued a challenge to any other rhyming thread starters. :smile: I just wanted to clarify things, surely I'm not the only extremely gifted poet on this board. :eek:

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Very early in the game during LSU's first possession, the crowd was making so much noise LSU got a penalty called trying to get their play off...at the time I thought that was huge...the crowd is all the way into it and came ready to make some noise.

Judging just from watching the tv, on a cold wet night, the Tide fans backed their team the way we like to see.
I remember games during the Shula era when it was like the crowd was sitting on their hands. We didn't have a lot to cheer about back then. The Alabama attitude was Maybe we can win, or score enough to not look bad. That attitude changed under Coach Saban to We expect to not only win, but to dominate. Coach Saban told us early on his goal for teams to dread playing us. It happened PDQ. :)

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
Some highly regarded Coach once said that the crowd can only get up for limited number of games a season. Well, something like that anyway. :wink:. Saturday night was one of those games. Sounded and looked great on the big screen. Especially the final score.

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
Impossible. BDS is the least intimidating stadium in the country according to many on this board. :rolleyes:

For the record, I love the atmosphere in BDS and Saturday night was another example of why.

b2v4ua

All-SEC
Dec 12, 2009
Springville,Al
I was there and it was LOUD. I was also at the LSU 2011 game. It too was loud. Not sure which one was the loudest but I'm going with this one. When I went back and listened to the singing of Rammer Jammer I was amazed at how loud we were.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
I wouldn't bump this thread to post the following, but I've caught it near the top, so here goes...

I have now followed up on my "So Gus won't cuss" thread from a few weeks ago with "The loud crowd set the tone early on"

:biggrin: :cool2: :tongue:

I seem to have issued a challenge to any other rhyming thread starters. :smile: I just wanted to clarify things, surely I'm not the only extremely gifted poet on this board. :eek:
The Loud Crowd Wowed!!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.