Question: Please help: stadium fail?

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Not the usual gripe, but something I think got messed up and with the varying backgrounds here, I know someone can help.

This thread is about the distribution of shakers at the spirals.

My wife and I entered last night at gate 5 at the usual time, about 1 hour and 20 minutes before kick off.

At the base of the spiral corridor were over 15 boxes of crimson and white shakers. A few boxes were open, and there was a crowd of no fewer than 20 people ask asking the same thing, "Are these free or what?"

There was no sign saying "take me" and no person to ask anywhere within 100 feet. The ticket takers had no idea either.

When we were at the NCG vs Notre Dame there was a shaker in EVERY SEAT on the Alabama side of the stadium. It looked incredible and I'm sure it was equally awesome on tv.

I believe these were there for the fans to do the same thing, but no one took them because they simply didn't know. The didn't want to "steal them" if they were there for some other reason.

It was apparent IN the stadium that this had happened at each of the other spirals, boxes left in the open with no one there to distribute or signs saying at much. (I know they did this at two other spirals cause friends saw them.)

Last night was a rainy yuck fest, there were a BILLION people there, and I know I probably can't fathom 10% of what goes into making the game appear seamless to me, the fan.

With that being said, I believe they put those shakers there because they wanted fans to display their support. Due to the "integrity" of the fans I guess they didn't want to "steal" then.

If someone could let someone know that a simple sign or 1 person yelling "take these" probably would have been the difference between thousands in the stands vs tens of thousands.

I hope this doesn't seem too stupid. I feel like the facility was trying to make something awesome happen, but just failed in execution.

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
The stadium/fans looked great on TV. Really loud. Impacted LSU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J4Bama

All-American
Mar 24, 2002
Sarasota, Florida
In the past, they have placed shakers on seats for big games, but I assume the weather played a huge role in them just leaving them at the bottom of the spirals. Everyone I saw walking up was taking them without any issue :)

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
I always bring mine when I used to go. I have a nice supply [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
An open box of shakers to me is an obvious "TAKE ONE". On TV, it looked like every person in the stadium had a shaker. Even from my sofa, the atmosphere was electric!! We definitely had a 12th man in BDS last night!!

MBA_99

1st Team
Jan 11, 2010
A, A
Seemed obvious they were free. I appreciated that everyone around me was shaking relatively dry shakers, not ones that soaked in seats for hours beforehand. And BDS looks great when everyone's got them.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
If one person in the 20 standing around would have taken one I can just about guarantee 19 more would have been gone pronto. :)

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Stadium fail? I just don't see it. It's likely those would have been placed on the seats but the rain interfered. Soaking wet shakers are not fun to be around, at least to me.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I was glad the stadium was nuts last night and I agree with belle, it looked like almost everyone had shakers. I remember when I started going in the early 90's it used to be like that for every home game. They showed a section last night on tv from a distance and that was all you could see was crimson shakers. I love it

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
An open box of shakers to me is an obvious "TAKE ONE". On TV, it looked like every person in the stadium had a shaker. Even from my sofa, the atmosphere was electric!! We definitely had a 12th man in BDS last night!!
It was just so odd and out of place that the lot of people were just unsure. All it needed was admiral akbar screaming, "IT'S A TRAP."

Seemed obvious they were free. I appreciated that everyone around me was shaking relatively dry shakers, not ones that soaked in seats for hours beforehand. And BDS looks great when everyone's got them.
see above. The confusion was just boxes there, prime weren't sure and didn't want to take something they didn't know they were allowed to take.

If one person in the 20 standing around would have taken one I can just about guarantee 19 more would have been gone pronto. :)
I bet you're 1000000% right

Stadium fail? I just don't see it. It's likely those would have been placed on the seats but the rain interfered. Soaking wet shakers are not fun to be around, at least to me.
Not so much a fail. I just think a person or a sign there would have been the difference in literally over 20,000 (counted the numbers marked in the outside of the unopened boxes) shakers being handed out on my spiral and seating area alone. That's a pretty substantial difference if it was the same at all spirals.

The university obviously went through the trouble to buy all those things. The difference that 4 people could have made regarding distribution......

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
Not the usual gripe, but something I think got messed up and with the varying backgrounds here, I know someone can help.

This thread is about the distribution of shakers at the spirals.

My wife and I entered last night at gate 5 at the usual time, about 1 hour and 20 minutes before kick off.

At the base of the spiral corridor were over 15 boxes of crimson and white shakers. A few boxes were open, and there was a crowd of no fewer than 20 people ask asking the same thing, "Are these free or what?"

There was no sign saying "take me" and no person to ask anywhere within 100 feet. The ticket takers had no idea either.

When we were at the NCG vs Notre Dame there was a shaker in EVERY SEAT on the Alabama side of the stadium. It looked incredible and I'm sure it was equally awesome on tv.

I believe these were there for the fans to do the same thing, but no one took them because they simply didn't know. The didn't want to "steal them" if they were there for some other reason.

It was apparent IN the stadium that this had happened at each of the other spirals, boxes left in the open with no one there to distribute or signs saying at much. (I know they did this at two other spirals cause friends saw them.)

Last night was a rainy yuck fest, there were a BILLION people there, and I know I probably can't fathom 10% of what goes into making the game appear seamless to me, the fan.

With that being said, I believe they put those shakers there because they wanted fans to display their support. Due to the "integrity" of the fans I guess they didn't want to "steal" then.

If someone could let someone know that a simple sign or 1 person yelling "take these" probably would have been the difference between thousands in the stands vs tens of thousands.

I hope this doesn't seem too stupid. I feel like the facility was trying to make something awesome happen, but just failed in execution.
I do know that several of the part-time employees (ushers, etc.) didn't show up for the game last night, presumably due to the weather, and that is most likely where the problem originated.

CrimsonPride

1st Team
Dec 9, 2001
Chattanooga, TN
The boxes weren't only at the spiral corridors. They were also in just inside the gates in the lower bowl. When my sister and I got there, we saw the open box of shakers and automatically each got one. Did not even give it a second thought. BDS was a special place last night.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006
The boxes weren't only at the spiral corridors. They were also in just inside the gates in the lower bowl. When my sister and I got there, we saw the open box of shakers and automatically each got one. Did not even give it a second thought. BDS was a special place last night.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Who was the opposing player that said those were pompoms and not shakers...or something like that? Lol

I guess he got Pompom'd or shaken out of the building!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.