After watching the replay, there are unsung players that deserve a lot of credit!

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
We all know the "stars", and what they did, but as it always seem to be necessary in this game, we had some guys step up in a very big way.

Dillon Lee - He played the best game of his career, BY FAR. Even without the INT, he was fantastic in run support and setting the edge.

Micheal Nysewander - He made several key blocks on running plays, including a nasty block on the TD run and a huge hit on the KO return.

Dominick Jackson - He a was a monster run blocking in this game. He looked the guy we've expected him to look like since he got here.

Geno Smith - He took a little heat for giving up the TD pass, but he played great in run support and actually was delivering big hits on Fournette, which is something he's never really been known for. He played with a chip on shoulder because of all the talk about our safeties not being big or physical enough to handle Fournette.

Hale Hentges - Go back and watch the replay and see how many key blocks he made on running plays. The kid channeled by Brian Vogler last night, and is seemingly getting better every game.

Although he doesn't qualify as a unsung, non star player, I gotta give a big tip o' the cap to Kenyan Drake too. He played his best game of the year also, and finally made a great 1 - 2 punch with Henry. I hope he can keep that up!

crimsonbleeder

All-American
Dec 1, 2002
Birmingham, AL
We all know the "stars", and what they did, but as it always seem to be necessary in this game, we had some guys step up in a very big way.

Dillon Lee - He played the best game of his career, BY FAR. Even without the INT, he was fantastic in run support and setting the edge.

Micheal Nysewander - He made several key blocks on running plays, including a nasty block on the TD run and a huge hit on the KO return.

Dominick Jackson - He a was a monster run blocking in this game. He looked the guy we've expected him to look like since he got here.

Geno Smith - He took a little heat for giving up the TD pass, but he played great in run support and actually was delivering big hits on Fournette, which is something he's never really been known for. He played with a chip on shoulder because of all the talk about our safeties not being big or physical enough to handle Fournette.

Hale Hentges - Go back and watch the replay and see how many key blocks he made on running plays. The kid channeled by Brian Vogler last night, and is seemingly getting better every game.

Although he doesn't qualify as a unsung, non star player, I gotta give a big tip o' the cap to Kenyan Drake too. He played his best game of the year also, and finally made a great 1 - 2 punch with Henry. I hope he can keep that up!
A lot of players had their best game of the year. In fact, pretty much everyone on the team had their "best game" this year!

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
A true team effort all around. I loved Tony Brown'***** on the kickoff coverage. The special teams did an outstanding job as well.

Lovely post!!

OL played a fantastic game. In the first half they gave up a couple of sacks. Then it seems like a light came on and gave Coker all the time in the world.

Adam Griffith with that 55 yarder had the play of the game in my mind. That was huge!

Drake to me was the unsung hero. He finally used patience and did very well in the run game. It kept LSU guessing all game.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

FThomas

1st Team
Oct 18, 2011
Yes, I feel like Gino got a little mistreated on the TD. It was just a perfect playcall against the corner blitz we had called. Not many safeties are going to be able to handle a talented WR running at them full speed in that situation. just a tip of the hat to the offensive coordinator and go out and do it again.

Both Gino and the corners as well (I am thinking Humphries) did a good job of run support which helped keep LSU bottled up.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I agree with everyone..It was a beauty of sight... for OL to keep moving down the field.. I think they " get it" now. Let's talk about unsung player on offense: Coker! No turnovers!

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Yes, I feel like Gino got a little mistreated on the TD. It was just a perfect playcall against the corner blitz we had called. Not many safeties are going to be able to handle a talented WR running at them full speed in that situation. just a tip of the hat to the offensive coordinator and go out and do it again.

Both Gino and the corners as well (I am thinking Humphries) did a good job of run support which helped keep LSU bottled up.
Coach said last night that Geno was supposed to have a safety behind him as the coverage was supposed to shift that way since Cyrus was blitzing so it was really a busted coverage that actually allowed him to score and explains why Geno wasn't even trying to stick to him as hard as he should have as he knew he had help behind him (or suppose to).

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Yup..All our Boy's had fresh legs for the game & it showed, except for the lone TD, our Boy's were a step faster on every play from start to finish..

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

Those two plus Tim Williams would be my players of the game. Nysewander cleared that guy out like a Mack truck on the TD run. I think he even surprised himself on that hit....lol

Dillon Lee was everywhere last night.

tidefan39817

All-American
Jan 17, 2006
Bainbridge, Georgia

He was in a tough position on that play. Wr was running straight at him and it was a perfectly thrown ball

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Micheal Nysewander. 30 years from now, this will be the game he shows the grandkids no doubt. He played like a demon! This was the game of his life.

And I disagree with Gary, the db DID have an angle on Henry, and it was nice to see Michael high stepping into the endzone right behind Henry after bench-pressing the db to the ground with a mere shove.

Last edited:

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Don't underestimate the guided missile Tony Brown takedown after the Griffith FG as game-changing - possibly the fastest 60 yards ever run in a 'Bama football uniform. And instead of breaking the tape, Brown broke out some inspiration in his teammates.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
To me one of the coolest things about the game? You didn't hear Ragland and Foster mentioned much -- so that tells me the Big Uglies up front......were making the plays....

I can't find a list of who made the tackles last night....please share if anyone finds it.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
To me one of the coolest things about the game? You didn't hear Ragland and Foster mentioned much -- so that tells me the Big Uglies up front......were making the plays....

I can't find a list of who made the tackles last night....please share if anyone finds it.
http://www.rolltide.com/sports/m-footbl/stats/2015-2016/09ua-lsu.html

Solo Ast Total TFL/Yds FF FR-Yds Int-Yds BrUp Blkd Sack/Yds QBH

##
Alabama
Solo
Ast
Total
TFL/Yds
FF
FR-Yds
Int-Yds
BrUp
Blkd
Sack/Yds
QBH
G. Matias-Smith
0.5/1
Jarran Reed
D. Tomlinson
0.5/1
A. Robinson
2.0/3
Dillon Lee
1.0/5
1-4
1.0/5
Reggie Ragland
0.5/2
0.5/2
M. Fitzpatrick
Eddie Jackson
1.0/5
Ryan Anderson
0.5/1
Denzel Devall
M. Humphrey
Tony Brown
M. Nysewander
Cyrus Jones
Reuben Foster
S. Hamilton
Cole Mazza
D.J. Pettway
Jonathan Allen
0.5/1
Tim Williams
0.5/2
0.5/2
Rashaan Evans
1B
R. Harrison

Last edited:

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
I guess another question is how tired will Henry be against M. State next week. Don't think we have ever rode a running back that hard before.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.