What Bama can be when they play a complete game

CoreGroup

1st Team
Nov 19, 2013
Dothan, Al
This looked like Bama played a complete game, in all 3 phases. Offense, defense, special teams. And it also looked like Kiffin finally realized you can win a football game by running it. If Bama continues to play like this the sky is the limit.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
No team is ever perfect -- other than the 1st half against Notre Dame in 2012 BCS Championship...but that was not for a full game. This is not a smooth team offensively...lots of spurts, stops and starts. However, as CNS said, "This team has a lot of grit."

A complete game for this team is scoring about 35 points... 250 rushing, 200 passing, no turnovers and less than 5 penalties for 50 yards. Make all FG's and punt for 50 yds per punt. Keep the ball for 35-40 minutes...(which was a really big deal Sunday night.)

Anyway, if we do these, I don't think there is a team this side of the NFL who can beat us.

Defensively if we can hold the other team to 75 yds rushing, 175 passing and no long plays, we will be in any game no matter what our offense does.

One of the things I have learned over the last 10 years is that football, like all sports, is really a numbers game. Figure out where your numbers need to be and how you can get there...

Not complete yet. I think it's almost there. Here is why I say this:

Penalty/yardage: 9/88
Sacks given up/yardage: 3/31

We gave up big plays on defense in the secondary in the first half.
Turnover at a bad spot which gave up points and Fournette yard total a bit higher than what it should have been.

We are well on our way, but I don't think we've reached that part.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
This looked like Bama played a complete game, in all 3 phases. Offense, defense, special teams. And it also looked like Kiffin finally realized you can win a football game by running it. If Bama continues to play like this the sky is the limit.
Anyone that witnessed the last 5 minutes of the Tennessee game and believed a rested Bama would play to that level for 60..........saw this coming.

CoreGroup

1st Team
Nov 19, 2013
Dothan, Al
Not complete yet. I think it's almost there. Here is why I say this:

Penalty/yardage: 9/88
Sacks given up/yardage: 3/31

We gave up big plays on defense in the secondary in the first half.
Turnover at a bad spot which gave up points and Fournette yard total a bit higher than what it should have been.

We are well on our way, but I don't think we've reached that part.

The 3 sacks were really Coker'so fault. He has to learn to throw it away or step UP in the pocket instead of directly into the waiting arms of a defensive lineman :p

We also had a bad blitz call from the corner that led to their first td.
But otherwise one of the best games we've played this year all the way around.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
The 3 sacks were really Coker'so fault. He has to learn to throw it away or step UP in the pocket instead of directly into the waiting arms of a defensive lineman :p

On the flip side, he did not throw it to an OL and I really believe he thought he could get out of some of those, but this was LSU. Throwing no Int's trumps the sack's. this was a very good LSU defense. It's easy to forget how good they are.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Alabama did play a complete game. It just wasn't perfect. But it was close.

I agree. That's why I don't think we have played a complete game yet.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
One word to describe last night's team/performance: Driven.

Well done. Roll Tide.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
No team is ever perfect -- other than the 1st half against Notre Dame in 2012 BCS Championship...but that was not for a full game. This is not a smooth team offensively...lots of spurts, stops and starts. However, as CNS said, "This team has a lot of grit."

A complete game for this team is scoring about 35 points... 250 rushing, 200 passing, no turnovers and less than 5 penalties for 50 yards. Make all FG's and punt for 50 yds per punt. Keep the ball for 35-40 minutes...(which was a really big deal Sunday night.)

Anyway, if we do these, I don't think there is a team this side of the NFL who can beat us.

Defensively if we can hold the other team to 75 yds rushing, 175 passing and no long plays, we will be in any game no matter what our offense does.

One of the things I have learned over the last 10 years is that football, like all sports, is really a numbers game. Figure out where your numbers need to be and how you can get there...
I think my IQ just went up 20 points

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.