Link: "Someone, please beat Bama..."

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Re: "Someone, please beat Bama..."

Verne is getting up there and yes, he goofs. I hope people will tolerate me when I'm that age. He's called a lot of great games over the years, and I'll miss him, personally.
I will, too. He doesn't bother me at all. Just seems kind of quirky, which is a good thing in my book.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
SB*NATION: Someone, please beat Alabama

2. Alabama. Crushed LSU 30-16. Les Miles would challenge a rhino to a head-butting contest. If you want anyone to write anything new and exciting about Alabama, you are looking in the wrong place. The only hope for humanity and a world without a 27-3 Playoff final in which Alabama gets a 21-0 lead over, like, Baylor is that Mississippi State, Auburn or Florida plays the game of its life against the Crimson Tide and saves us all the miserable asphyxiation of Nick Saban football. None can do this.

We're all going to have to watch more Alabama football than we want to, though there is one positive side effect: watching Lane Kiffin actually use a running back.

Someone, please beat Alabama

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.