New moniker for LSU #7

jef0071

Suspended
Dec 19, 2005
Hewitt, Texas, United States
Personally, I have a lot of respect for Mr. Fournette, and am disappointed at some of the things I've read from Alabama fans who seem to want to insult him. Let's not be sore winners.

Nothing I've read about him has given me any reason to dislike, disrespect, or disparage him. He's a class act and a tremendous athlete.

I 'm in awe of how well our D handled him, but I hope to see LF7 have a great career in the pros.
i think its more of the fact that our fan base is sick of hearing how great he is and how our defense wasnt gonna be able to stop him. we also have many fans that believe Henry is the best RB in the country, and should be talked about in the same way that fournette is being talked about. i firmly believe our fans are more/less taking shots at lsWHO fans and the national media, not necessarily fournette.

crtide

1st Team
Jul 19, 2007
Gadsden, AL
Of course he is a good guy and a great player. The post was meant to compliment our defense more than to belittle the guy. Guess we all just have different senses of humor.

CrimsonHammer

Scout Team
May 27, 2014
Clarksville, TN
Fournette is a great player and certain to be in the NFL. He just ran into a great run defense with a fire lit under their posteriors. You gain nothing by diminishing the competition. Who has stopped him? BAMA. That's who.

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006
His OL was crushed all night long....He almost chose Bama, could you imagine a 1-2 punch of DH and LF? That would have been something fun to watch. He is a good RB and I hope he does well when he is not playing Bama....

37bamagreats55

All-American
Apr 1, 2003
Gardendale, AL
Look guys, it's harmless fun. We're on an Alabama website. Nobody's taken it too far. When I went to the BCS National Championship game in New Orleans, I had LSU fans screaming "Tiguh Bait" in our faces as we got on and off the trolley for the 5-mile ride to the Superdome. Had fans saying, "Hey, there goes Bear Bryant" as we walked down the street.....As far as I've seen, IMO, this thread hasn't been bad.

Maybe it's the "everybody gets a trophy" syndrome that gets everybody riled up these days. I think everybody on this thread will agree that Fournette is a talented beast of a back. Dude is a complete stud. I also think our fan base for the most part, was a bit tired of hearing all week from every possible angle, how he was going to do this and do that, win this award and win that.

We're supposed to win with class, we lose with class. However, I don't think this is that bad. Then again, this is just my opinion. Folks may disagree, and that's OK. If you don't like the thread (and as long as it's not crossing any of the boards' boundries - ie cussing, etc), don't click or reply on it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.