Misery Index: Ole Miss, A&M, Duke and etc.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Ole Miss beat Alabama and lost to Arkansas in the same year not just once but twice.

Do you realize how statistically improbable that is given the historical positions of those two programs programs? It’s like a hiker being able to conquer Mount Everest and then collapsing on a stroll up the hills in San Francisco. But it perfectly encapsulates the frustration of being an Ole Miss fan.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...arizona-state-texas-am-fresno-state/75420060/

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Ole Miss beat Alabama and lost to Arkansas in the same year not just once but twice.

Do you realize how statistically improbable that is given the historical positions of those two programs programs? It’s like a hiker being able to conquer Mount Everest and then collapsing on a stroll up the hills in San Francisco. But it perfectly encapsulates the frustration of being an Ole Miss fan.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...arizona-state-texas-am-fresno-state/75420060/
I am not sure if the decision to not start Coker and then throwing the ball was made by the same person or not, but it is up there with one of the biggest blunders under CNS. But a positive was that we knew who our starter was after the game, through good times and bad.

On the stats, some teams annually play better against some teams than others, rankings aside. And that has to be taken into consideration. Ole Miss is one of those teams that can bite us, but we did it to ourselves this year. Then to see them get dismantled by Florida why we struggled against a patsy started the whole funeral thing. Fortunately, the funeral was washed out!

Al Becker

3rd Team
Jan 25, 2011
Trussville, Al.
News flash from this article! Bad officiating affects the outcome of games.

Sorry, but pardon me if I have little sympathy. Obviously the Duke game was a travesty and the MSU call was missed, but almost every Alabama loss over the last few years had a pivotal missed call without the media outrage. OM this year, barn 2013, LSU 2011. Bama has been victimized by some horrible calls over the years. Preston Gothard at PSU, LSU ripped a receiver in e end zone and went the distance in the Shula years I think. Arky won in BDS in a bouncing "catch". Unfortunately it happens.

What really bothers me is that replay has not evolved to the point that we just get he call right. The "that part of the play is not reviewable" is asinine. If a play is reviewed and something is blatantly missed, get the call right. Isn't that the idea anyway to improve the game?

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I am not sure if the decision to not start Coker and then throwing the ball was made by the same person or not, but it is up there with one of the biggest blunders under CNS. But a positive was that we knew who our starter was after the game, through good times and bad.

On the stats, some teams annually play better against some teams than others, rankings aside. And that has to be taken into consideration. Ole Miss is one of those teams that can bite us, but we did it to ourselves this year. Then to see them get dismantled by Florida why we struggled against a patsy started the whole funeral thing. Fortunately, the funeral was washed out!
You memory is much better than mine so you can tell me, didn't we have three turnovers last year with the Land Sharks?

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham

Do you realize how statistically improbable that is given the historical positions of those two programs programs?
Maybe Ole Miss can display this championship for Most Statistically Improbable Win/Loss Combination in their Walk of Champions. There should be plenty of room.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.