News Article: Would Dabo answer if Mama (Alabama) calls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Well..He won't win this years NC, but, could admire this years NC Trophy at The Bryant Museum if he comes by for a visit..I admire what he's done at Clemson, but, hope Kirby takes over as our HC when Coach Saban retires..I still think that's the best way to keep "The Process" in place & allow Kirby to build off what Coach Saban has built at Bama..That's just me though..

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Why is this even being talked about? It's just pro Dabo fluff, that is not based in reality. The first question I would ask if Mama would even call? Alabama will not make the same mistake they made with Coach Bryant, they would listen to coach Saban and stay within his tree, you will see. No way Dabo is ever the coach at Alabama, and I doubt he would want to be. He is so ingrained in Clemson, much more than playing here.

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
Call me crazy, but I hope Dabo is too old by then. ;)

I understand why other fan bases express their fantasies about the day Saban retires, just not sure why we do. Enjoy it while we got it, folks.

MemphisBamaDude

1st Team
Nov 12, 2008
Memphis, TN
Call me crazy, but I hope Dabo is too old by then. ;)

I understand why other fan bases express their fantasies about the day Saban retires, just not sure why we do. Enjoy it while we got it, folks.
Of course none of us wants Coach to leave. We're in an golden era. But this IS a discussion board, ain't it? Discussers gonna discuss.

BamaSC

All-SEC
Oct 17, 1999
Chapin, SC
Hard to imagine he wouldn't be on the radar, and probably on the short list. He's had good success at a major program and has a conference championship. Very solid recruiter, the players obviously love playing for him, seems to run a clean program, , and seems to hire good coaches. So you could say he's a proven coach.

Then again, in a lot of ways he's the anti-Saban. I'm not sure if the Alabama fan base would respond well to his coaching style. We might be able to do better, but we could certainly do a lot worse. Regardless, I'm not convinced he'd even come.

Last edited:

CoreGroup

1st Team
Nov 19, 2013
Dothan, Al
Didn't Clemson have 70 points scored on them a few years back in a bowl game? No way I'd want a coach whose team gave up that many points.

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
If CNS leaves we should hire the best coach available. I am glad that a former Bama player is having success in his coaching career. I wish him continued success until we have the opportunity to play against his team. I just don't want us to go go back to the mentality that we have to hire a coach that has a former Bama association.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
If CNS leaves we should hire the best coach available. I am glad that a former Bama player is having success in his coaching career. I wish him continued success until we have the opportunity to play against his team. I just don't want us to go go back to the mentality that we have to hire a coach that has a former Bama association.
Remember hiring a coach after Saban will be like the replacing Bear Bryant. An outsider with no knowledge of the awesome machine built is under tremendous pressure and will do stupid things like tear down towers. A perfect example of going back in time is hiring Stallings over Perkins.....which resulted in 2 decades of turmoil. One would have understood and embraced the past, the other is haunted by it. The 2nd coach can be anyone, but that first hire would be at a great advantage knowing the process.

Tug Tide

All-American
Aug 27, 2006
Redneck Riviera, Panama City Beach, FL
That article states Clemson just announced the ground breaking of a new football facility with a price tag of 55 million dollars. It's complete with 4th Quarter domination amenities such as mini-golf, beach volleyball and laser tag.
Sounds like the resort I just stayed at for a trip to Disney

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
I brought this up in the "Dabo" thread but no one seemed to be buying it. I'm calling it now: he's the coach when Saban retires. Let the hating commence.
Unless there are numerous changes within the UA power structure, I don't think he'll even be considered by people that matter.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
He's doing fine in the weak ACC and Clemson, but gut feeling is that he would be in over his head coaching in the SEC especially the west. When Coach decides to leaves, Bama should not have a shortage of better qualified coaches to choose from. Dabo would not make it very high on my wish list for coach.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Being familiar with his tenure here during the Dubose debacle, I will do whatever I can to prevent it...
I was waiting on someone who would know to chime in. Earle has been consistent in his stance from the first "Dabo to Bama" thread and I'm convinced he has good reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Unless there are numerous changes within the UA power structure, I don't think he'll even be considered by people that matter.
Ok Jess, so who in your opinion would get the first call? Hypothetically speaking, of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.