Link: An Apology Letter to Nick Saban

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Click

I was one of those guys, one of those idiots really, who said that the Alabama dynasty was over as we knew it following a loss to Ole Miss. That the Ole Miss loss wasn't just a literal defeat on the football field, but symbolic of something bigger.

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
It's all good until our next loss then the cycle will start all over. Probably sometime next year. :wink:

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Just a great read, very funny and true at the same time.

Now, I'd like to see a follow-up article interviewing Urban Cryer about how he feels to see Bama playing dominant football again, and by the way, how is his health holding up? "Be a shame if he couldn't hold up long enough to defend his title." :wink:

fralo4tide

1st Team
Jun 4, 2009
Pensacola, FL
Wow, i didn't realize that Henry had more yards rushing than they did total.

Seriously, when they had the long Td pass and the long 3rd down conversion from their end zone?

mdb-tpet

All-SEC
Sep 2, 2004
Every time we lose a game, there will be a bunch of writers calling the loss the beginning of the end. And, eventually, they will be right. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

JamieSPC

1st Team
Aug 29, 2004
Maylene, AL
Alabama has not signed a No. 1 recruiting class in seven months, and all signs suggest it'll be at least a few more before the next one." ... "Alabama lost a game and will eventually lose an additional game. I will write a column about it as soon as it happens.
Hilarious. Clicky

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Perhaps the reason he thought the dynasty was over after the Ole Miss game is that he didn't actually watch the game or even read the box score afterwards?

You guys used to never lose games period, let alone games like that, in blowouts at home against QB's with more bicep tattoos than SEC wins on their resume.
43-37 now constitutes a blowout???

JamieSPC

1st Team
Aug 29, 2004
Maylene, AL
43-37 now constitutes a blowout???
Great point. The dynasty was over even though we were throwing to win at the end. Defines "wishful thinking," I believe. Even the media are spoiled with how we normally dominate. 2011 through 2013, pretty much every win was over at halftime. We are not expected to win close, and when we lose close it's not only considered a blowout, it leads the national sports news for days.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.