Was the LSU game a clean game?

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Re: Was the LSU game clean game?

I laughed when I saw this during the game. It looked like the player flopped as an after-thought so it was too obvious. Players need to be coached at this in order to be effective

I noticed more players on both sides showing respect to opponents and helping opponents up more than I see in most games.
Coach Brett Bielima is willing to coach them up on the art of the flop.

P. C. Pachyderm

All-SEC
Sep 28, 2006
Pell City, AL

What happened on that 4th quarter completion to the left tackle? I can't find it in the PBP, and they didn't seem to assess a penalty on it.
I believe we declined the penalty to make it fourth down. Not sure what Coach Saban was upset about on the play. Maybe he thought it should have been called intentional grounding, in which case we would have gotten the yards *and* the loss of down.

Tug Tide

All-American
Aug 27, 2006
Redneck Riviera, Panama City Beach, FL

It was their MLB against Taylor. likely should have been tossed since he was throwing punches.

that was the only thing I saw that was dirty/bad/whatever. Even the guy flopping wasn't really dirty or anything like that; just silly.
Without looking at it a couple of times, I thought he got his hand caught in the face mask. When he finally jerked it free it snatched off the helmet in the process

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

I believe we declined the penalty to make it fourth down. Not sure what Coach Saban was upset about on the play. Maybe he thought it should have been called intentional grounding, in which case we would have gotten the yards *and* the loss of down.
With the tackle being an ineligible receiver, the pass should have been ruled incomplete, the ball placed at the original LOS and penalty declined making it fourth down. The officials left the ball where the player was tackled by Robinson. I think it was about a four yard difference.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

With the tackle being an ineligible receiver, the pass should have been ruled incomplete, the ball placed at the original LOS and penalty declined making it fourth down. The officials left the ball where the player was tackled by Robinson. I think it was about a four yard difference.
I noticed the same thing. I always thought a pass caught by an ineligible receiver just simply didn't happen...

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)

I thought the ball was placed back at the original line of scrimmage when I reviewed but since I've now deleted the game I can't go back and look at it again. (referencing the LSU OL catching the pass)

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL

I noticed the same thing. I always thought a pass caught by an ineligible receiver just simply didn't happen...
Yeah - Saban was not too happy about it either, but given that it only gained a couple and they had to punt he didn't stay too exercised over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MemphisBamaDude

1st Team
Nov 12, 2008
Memphis, TN

I thought the ball was placed back at the original line of scrimmage when I reviewed but since I've now deleted the game I can't go back and look at it again. (referencing the LSU OL catching the pass)
They definitely gave him the yardage. That was such a weird play that I'm not quite anyone knew what was going on, even the refs.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.