Question: If Coach Cristobal leaves for the U, who replaces him?

P. C. Pachyderm

All-SEC
Sep 28, 2006
Pell City, AL
I'll come out of posting hibernation to suggest the revered name of Bob Connelly (now at USC, I believe). I hear he teaches a unique bucket step technique that is particularly effective in pass blocking.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I'll come out of posting hibernation to suggest the revered name of Bob Connelly (now at USC, I believe). I hear he teaches a unique bucket step technique that is particularly effective in pass blocking.
Oh, my gosh. You should be verbally chastized for ever bringing that name up.
The worst coach in the history of football.

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
I remember seeing William Vlachos as a graduate assistant on the sidelines back when Stoutland was here. Not sure if he left or is still on the sidelines but what about him?

MDBSnare

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2007
Now you've done it. I can already here Earle talking about bucket step Bob! He loves that guy!

whoops....forgot the blue font....

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
*delete post, ban user*
lol. I remember bucketstep bob well, but am not up to date on zone blocking. Did that become the norm after all these team. Anyone know what percentage of time that Bama employs Zone blocking? But yes, we got off to a God awful start. Jumbo package and Zone blocking was enough to make you hurl once upon a time.

Edit: wanted to add we had a great running back that came back for his senior year and either through injury, bucketsep or both, had his production halved. Who was that back?

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.