Link: LSU and Alabama are no longer rivals

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
They were never a rival to me, just a team on the schedule.

We have two rivals, no need to invent a third just because the other fan base is butt hurt about Saban coming here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I didn't post this thread claiming that LSU is our rival, we already know who are 2 rivals are.
I get that, but for a team to be your rival, they need to feel the same about you. But I guess when you don't have any major in-state competition and your other big game is Ole Miss (and you would be #2 on their list), you have to take what you can get.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Frankly, every school on our schedule is our rival. LSU is a big game - as is Arkansas, UT, TAMU, Ole Miss, State or even Vandy, as Coach Stallings always said. Every team we play has us circled on their calendar. Like it or not we are everyone's biggest game of the year. Yea, the barn is a big game...maybe made bigger because we have to live with them 365 days until the next game if we lose but really, in my opinion, not any more of a rival than any other team we play. I don't know. We are playing at a different level now. We get everyone's best game. So, we're kind of in a league of our own really. Therefore, EVERYONE is our biggest rival that plays out each week and Coach's impossible job is to keep our team focused to the max to make sure we don't get beat by our only true advisory...ourselves.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Make sure you point that out to any Baylor fan you might have the unfortunate chance to run into.

Of course, they will never be in that position, so it will be unlikely they will comprehend.

Or, if you run into a Bevo U fan, you can say "Hey, remember when you guys were actually a good team? Remember how that felt? Then, Colt got hurt."

(Too hard to resist.)

On another article, Moran got the point. It was nothing LSU could do against Alabama. He said, "But, as Miles and Cameron surely feared, the passing game went stagnant the moment it became predictable. He threw a brutal interception on the first play from scrimmage of the second half and completed just three of his ten second-half passes for a measly 38 yards."

They couldn't do anything in the second half.

"But at the end of the day, football at its primitive base remains a test of strength wrapped in a contest of wills. And this game was decided by a physically superior front whipping an inferior one the point of attack.
If you can’t block, you can’t win. It’s just that simple."

It sure is!

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
It's been a one-sided love hate & not a true rivalry too me, we have two legit rivals in college football & that would be The Barn & The Viles..It's been a one-sided rivalry once Coach Saban became our HC..The Swamp Kittens felt like the bride that got left at the alter once Coach Saban returned to college football & to a team in its own conference..

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
They were never a rival to me, just a team on the schedule.

We have two rivals, no need to invent a third just because the other fan base is butt hurt about Saban coming here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LSU was a Rival to me because I lived close to the stadium when I was a kid, then we moved back to Alabama... Guess it means more to me than a few others. I describe both teams as hard hitting physical teams, who thrive on pounding the football. Not many teams left who play 'Big Boy Football'... WE HAPPEN TO PLAY MUCH BETTER THAN LSU LATELY... Plus... LSU will never forgive Coach Saban for leaving them, and eventually ending up in Tuscaloosa. ;)

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
I'm sorry. This is just too funny. I can't stop laughing about this. Just another writer whining about their beat program not being a proper "rival". This guy groveled a little better than average. :wink:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
It isn't wins and losses that make rivalries - it is the passion among the players and fans. How many times in a row has Alabama defeated TN now? And most of the total beat downs. Yet most of you still consider that a strong rivalry, as do they.

Rivalry or not, it is a great match up every year, and a game that both teams will look to as measuring sticks for years to come.

ETA: This writer has an agenda that has nothing to do with the "rivalry".

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.