Finebaum wouldn't be suprised if Saban leaves if he wins it all this year

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Re: Finebaum wouldn't be suprised Saban leaves if he wins it all this year

I think Kiffin bolts for Illinois or Maryland.

I would not be shocked if LK returns for another year. Surprised yes, but not shocked. I can see him sticking around waiting for just the right job to open up. It would be beyond hilarious if USC made a public push for him.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

Actually, I wouldn't either.

5 total NC's, with 4 NC's in his last 7 yrs and he would be going out while on top. The idea is not that far-fetched.

Last edited:

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

Actually, I wouldn't either.

5 total NC's, with 4 NC's in his last 7 yrs and he would be going out while on top. The idea is not that far-fetched.
If he gets five then he's one away from tying Coach Bryant's all time record of six.
Personally, I think he is a very driven man and will coach until he wins number seven if he thinks it's possible. He doesn't do anything halfway. It's all or nothing. When he hits seven I think he will join Gameday and retire Lake Burton.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

I would not be shocked if LK returns for another year. Surprised yes, but not shocked. I can see him sticking around waiting for just the right job to open up. It would be beyond hilarious if USC made a public push for him.
I'd be shocked if Kiffin were given the option...

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009

I'd be shocked if Kiffin were given the option...
If you are talking abou the option to coach USCw absolutely would shock me. A hilarious shock, but still a shock. USCe wouldn't shock me at all.

If you are talking the option to stay, I can't see any possible reason not to retain him if that is what he wants. It would pleasantly surprise me if he did stay (even though I do think he gets too cute with the play calling sometimes), but IMO there is no reason to run him off.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Well, as I said before several times, his contract is essentially not to be renewed after the season at this point. As I've said before, it involves conduct we do not indulge in here. However, they don't appear to me (or to many others) to be correctable. However, as I've said before, I would have thought the same about LT, so maybe things can be patched up. I'd be very surprised. Ignore Finebaum...

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009

Well, as I said before several times, his contract is essentially not to be renewed after the season at this point. As I've said before, it involves conduct we do not indulge in here. However, they don't appear to me (or to many others) to be correctable. However, as I've said before, I would have thought the same about LT, so maybe things can be patched up. I'd be very surprised. Ignore Finebaum...
Thanks, I knew from your posts that there was an issue, but I am not sure I had gathered that it was at that level. I have no inside information at all so what I was saying was based on performance only.

I almost always ignore Finebaum, and salacious internet rumors.

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Saban is not leaving and we haven't even won the division yet much less the SEC or CFP. He's got a few more years left in his tank but I am confident he's gonna get out ahead of a potential downward curve.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

If he gets five then he's one away from tying Coach Bryant's all time record of six.
Personally, I think he is a very driven man and will coach until he wins number seven if he thinks it's possible. He doesn't do anything halfway. It's all or nothing. When he hits seven I think he will join Gameday and retire Lake Burton.
well, somebody has to watch the ducks poop in the yard

BamaPokerplayer

All-American
Oct 10, 2004

Have not read the whole thread but, if CNS wins out this year, I would bet a whole lot of money he chases that sixth title.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Saban is not leaving and we haven't even won the division yet much less the SEC or CFP. He's got a few more years left in his tank but I am confident he's gonna get out ahead of a potential downward curve.
I don't think CNS will leave because he sees a challenge in keeping the program at the level that it's at now. I think he'll leave when he no longer has the same passion or if he wants the challenge of the NFL one more time. I don't think it will have anything to do with the bold part above..

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Can we possibly eliminate further discussion on Kiffin and stick to the topic at hand? There have been multiple threads and I don't think we can beat this horse any deader than it is...

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011

I tend to take Coach Saban at his word that this is his last coaching stop. If the Colts throw some ungodly amount of money (10 million plus) and power at him...well who knows.

I actually think he probably wants to stay and cement his place as one of the greatest college coaches of all-time.

I think his relationship with Bill Battle and to a lessor extent Stuart Bell is important. These relationships seem good, but it is hard to tell from the outside.

If he would leave after this year (or whenever he leaves)...all of us Bama fans will be forever grateful of what he did here.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

When I think of what drives Nick Saban, I think of two words and it's not Coach Bryant--I'd say it's Urban Meyer.

tidebanker

1st Team
Oct 10, 2002
Hoover, AL USA

I didn't read the entire thread. If he's ready to go then I'm thrilled with the run we've had. But....this seems like the pattern with agents and contracts and the like.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

I like Paul but he is a shmuck. It is true his career has been made on pitting Bama fans against the Barn fans. That's show biz. But Nick is not going anywhere anytime soon. He has plenty of energy and desire. He loves the college game and the ability to recruit/mentor players. He flirted with Texas once but said when he decided to stay he rededicated himself to the long term success of the program. Nah, Finebaum loves to create controversy sometimes but really has no clue whatsoever as to what coach will do next.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.