Cam Newton Tears Down Fan's "Cheesehead Banner" before the Packers game last week

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Cam Newton Tears Down Fan's "Cheesehead Banner" before the Packers game last week

A Packers fan (I guess) had a banner put up at the Panthers' stadium that said "North Carolina Cheeseheads". Evidently, Cam had an issue with it and tore it down before the game against the Packers (Carolina won 37-29), saying it was a "respect thing" and was "protecting this house". I don't care much for the Panthers but I kind of liked that attitude personally especially from the NFL. Of course, if you do that, you being the highly-paid sports star should probably reimburse the fan. Looks like the team made it right though.

LINK

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Re: Cam Newton Tears Down Fan's "Cheesehead Banner" before the Packers game last week

If a fan tears it down, OK. The QB ... nah, you should be focused on other things. This sounds like something Butch Jones would do.

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
Re: Cam Newton Tears Down Fan's "Cheesehead Banner" before the Packers game last week

Cam reminds me of a child. He is not a man and proves it every day. smh

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA

I read this article a few days ago and struggled to understand his reasoning. There was nothing offensive written on the sing towards either Newton or the Panthers. All he did was make himself look stupid and childish.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL

I think it's awesome that the man reported it stolen. Well played sir.

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK

A Packers fan (I guess) had a banner put up at the Panthers' stadium that said "North Carolina Cheeseheads". Evidently, Cam had an issue with it and tore it down before the game against the Packers (Carolina won 37-29), saying it was a "respect thing" and was "protecting this house". I don't care much for the Panthers but I kind of liked that attitude personally especially from the NFL. Of course, if you do that, you being the highly-paid sports star should probably reimburse the fan. Looks like the team made it right though.

LINK
enh, not really worth commenting on but I think it's kinda childish. You're a professional athlete, why should you care if a fan hangs a sign. Like I get this house thing or whatever, but that man has just as much right to bring his sign as a panthers fan is able to. Furthermore, I'm getting sick and tired of everyone in this country acting like they are deserving and expecting of respect. Respect is earned not given, and frankly I have zero respect for that freak of an athlete. So fact-check your respect cam, and get off the fans signs. What's next, angry because of the message boards? Haha

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Joking aside, were I a Panthers fan, I'd dig what he did.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

SOP for Cam. This time, the kid that got the ball happened to be the one that needed it most.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/cam-newton-colin-toler-football-fan_564209e0e4b0b24aee4bc878

...it belongs to 6-year-old Colin Toler, who lost his father to a medical condition on Sept. 30. Before Toler's dad died, he promised to take him to a Panthers game, but was ultimately unable to because his health worsened. Friends of the family decided to give Toler tickets to the game, and he ended up going with his grandparents.
:,(

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

Personally I think he's a lying scumbag - I don't buy any products he hawks and I hope he loses (like the last school he attended) every game he plays.
He lied in front of the whole country; he knows he lied, everybody knows he lied. Like Bill Clinton - morally bankrupt. I don't care what kind of physical skills he has.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

I liked it. In my opinion he's a genuinely good dude, and aside from his stint at The Barn I have nothing against him.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

In the NFL, people like Winston make Cam look like a model citizen. I enjoy watching the NFL, but I keep in mind that these people are not role models.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.