Let's meet the Defensive front seven...UA line.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Good read. Only worrisome bit is that outside of Ruben Foster, the rest of them will be gone next year.

But I sure am enjoying watching these guys this year!

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Good read, but got the positions wrong. Allen is certainly NOT an NG like the article mentions, which also brings up the point that the author didn't even mention the starting NG which is Lake. In the base 3-4 like we played against LSU, Allen is really second team at DE. When we go "light" base 3-4 either Reed or Robinson slides inside to NG, Lake heads to the sideline and Allen comes in at an end spot.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Good read. Only worrisome bit is that outside of Ruben Foster, the rest of them will be gone next year.

So next year, we have Hand, Tomlinson, Payne, Anderson, Williams, Frazier on the DL???

Foster, Hamilton, Miller and Evans at LB???

Wow, we are losing some major talent.....

Ya'll, it might be the best Front 7 we've ever had.....

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
So next year, we have Hand, Tomlinson, Payne, Anderson, Williams, Frazier on the DL???

Foster, Hamilton, Miller and Evans at LB???

Wow, we are losing some major talent.....

Ya'll, it might be the best Front 7 we've ever had.....
Anderson and Williams are LB's but do rush the passer. We do need to fill some DT/DE positions but recruiting will take care of that. We will be talented but not near as experienced.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

SDH has gotten plenty of playing time this year. Saw him out there early in the game Saturday night with Ruben on the sideline.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
As great as all this talk about our front seven is, it is only part of the equation, IMO. Our front "7" is really about the greatness of 14 or 15 guys. As 91 mentioned, SDH has a played a lot, along with Pettway, Payne, Hand, Lake, Tomlinson, Anderson, and Evans have played a whole lot, and there hasn't been really any noticeable drop off when these guys are in. Our ability to platoon that many guys that are playing at very high level is unbelievable. This makes me feel better about year, even though we are losing a lot of very players.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.