Terror attacks in Paris.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I can't tell if she's being purposely obtuse or if she's just stupid, but I'm leaning towards the latter. I'm not sure how much more plainly it could be explained, yet no matter what, she kept hearing 'all muslims are bad'. SMH
The meaning of the word "some" and its implications continue to escape some people.

Another thing that seems to elude people is the idea of change over time. The way things are today is the way they have always been and the way they will ever be. This is a fallacy.

In the broad sweep of world history, this moment might not be the best time to bring in huge numbers of muslim immigrants. Fifty years from now, it might be a different situation, but right now, given the state of the Middle East, it just does not strike me as a particularly good idea. It strikes me as importing potential trouble.

Last edited:

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR
I can't tell if she's being purposely obtuse or if she's just stupid, but I'm leaning towards the latter. I'm not sure how much more plainly it could be explained, yet no matter what, she kept hearing 'all muslims are bad'. SMH
I agree that she is probably just plain stupid.

For comparison, pit bulls can be sweet and loving dogs. However, there are some that will bite your face off for seemingly no reason. Now it would be cruel to euthanize all pit bulls, but it is silly not to be wary of them and prudent not to own one or bring it around your kids.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA

For comparison, pit bulls can be sweet and loving dogs. However, there are some that will bite your face off for seemingly no reason. Now it would be cruel to euthanize all pit bulls, but it is silly not to be wary of them and prudent not to own one or bring it around your kids.
The pit bull analogy maybe the best one I've seen.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida

But, not all dogs are mean.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
I dare say that if the US had pursued those behind the Twin Towers attacks like the French are now pursuing the Paris attackers, we wouldn't have had to go to Iraq or Afghanistan, and wouldn't presently be tied up anywhere in the Middle East. It all would have been settled years ago, and Americans would not have to fear any one, any time, any place.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
I dare say that if the US had pursued those behind the Twin Towers attacks like the French are now pursuing the Paris attackers, we wouldn't have had to go to Iraq or Afghanistan, and wouldn't presently be tied up anywhere in the Middle East. It all would have been settled years ago, and Americans would not have to fear any one, any time, any place.
Yep. I'm not sure the Cabal would like rotting in prison though.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Interesting data point.
Almost a year old now, "Support for Isis stronger in Arabic social media in Europe than in Syria."

The jihadist militants are known for operating a slick propaganda machine – managing online distribution in order to successfully evade content controls, piggybacking popular online conversations and galvanising thousands of global supporters into spreading their message. Their efforts appear to be having an effect. Outside Syria, support for Isis, always a minority among online communities, rises significantly. Forty-seven per cent of studied tweets and posts from Qatar, 35% from Pakistan, 31% from Belgium and almost 24% of posts from UK and 21% from the US were classified as being supportive of the jihadist organisation ...

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I'm sure there is plenty of information to be gleaned by the right interrogation techniques. If he says he doesn't know anything, then shoot him. I would suggest bringing a double barrel, 12ga shotgun into the interrogation room before a word is spoken.
General Massu, of the French paras, used to roll up an FLN cell in Algiers during the night, and interrogate the captives. By sunrise,* if they had not talked, many were placed in an airplane, taken out over the Med and accidentally fell out.

If you have not seen the Battle of Algiers, I recommend it.

* By sunrise anything the prisoner knew was outdated, since their buddies would be aware of the capture and would have moved to new hideouts by then.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.