Terror attacks in Paris.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Fox News passing on reports of 5 new explosions at the concert hall and hostages are being executed.
7 attack sites in the 10th and 11th arrondissements. Tourist-heavy area. There will probably be some Americans among the victims.

Radio France is reporting explosions (maybe flash bangs of hostage rescue teams?) at the concert hall.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
7 attack sites in the 10th and 11th arrondissements. Tourist-heavy area. There will probably be some Americans among the victims.

Radio France is reporting explosions (maybe flash bangs of hostage rescue teams?) at the concert hall.
More than likely. An American rock band from California.

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
Prayers to those in Paris. Don't know when, but this barbaric activity will hit the US.... not a matter of if but when.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Save us all from these monsters. I know we are tired of war, but they aren't.
We're tired of modern war, but if we would ever fight like we did in WWII we'd eradicate these primates in short order.

But we won't: most people nowadays don't have the stomach for a real war - they want it 'sanitized'.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
On of my friends on FB - generally a pretty leaf-leaning guy - just posted this:
Thoughts and prayers with the people of Paris tonight. The most recent terrorist attacks appear to be the work of Al Qaeda, but that remains to be seen. Two things come to mind with the incident - and perhaps they are related. In the 1970 there was rampant terrorism in Europe, as left wing and right wind radical goups, as well as the IRA and some Middle Eatern groups, wreaked havoc. They kidnapped and killed the Italian Prime Minister (Red Brigade), kidnapped and killed Lord Mountbatten, a member of hte royal family (IRA), blew up a major department store in London (IRA), kidnapped and killed many in the Israeil Olympic Team (PLO),and in Germany the Baader-Meinhof Gang (Red Army Faction) kidnapped and assassinated busines and political leaders. So, the current terrorism is tragic but not new.

One thing that brought the terror down was purposeful work to identify the terroists before they acted. The press and governments worked together to identify potential terroists - although it can be argued that different governments often worked against each other for their own interests, which resulted in worse outcomes.

The difference with today's terrorism is that it doesn't appear to be native Westerners but instead Muslims from the East, Africa and the Middle East, who often live separately from the native population.The separation of the ethnic and religious groups makes it very difficult for authorities to identify the potential terrorists. The ONLY solution to this is for moderate Muslims to identify and isolate radicals, for if they don't the time will come that Western societies will have little choice but to engage in a generalize oppression of Muslims - not a good approach but at some point desparation will bring some nations (and, in all likelihood, individuals) to take generalized action. If the Muslim community does not take it on as their own responsobility to control these radicals their own safety and liberty will suffer badly.

This isn't a suggestion or a wish on my part, but a prognostication made with dread (and if you know me you know I am an optomist).

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.