News Article: Dog belonging to ex-Raven Terrence Cody starved to death, prosecutors allege

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
I think you may need to reread it. He was very straightforward in saying it is sad that someone would make the decision to own a pet and then not take care of it.
Yes, but JBama-in-PCOLA wrote it in a way that was directed at KentuckianaBFan and said "...you take the animal in and don't do the right thing". I can see the miscommunication.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
You've chosen to take the animal in and care for it and you take the animal in and don't do the right thing. That's just sad in my book.
I think what's throwing him off (me, too, the first time I read it) is it sounds like you're talking to KBF but you're speaking rhetorically. It reads as if you are saying KBF isn't doing the right thing.

I think what's throwing him off (me, too, the first time I read it) is it sounds like you're talking to KBF but you're speaking rhetorically. It reads as if you are saying KBF isn't doing the right thing.
If I am throwing him off I'm not meaning to and I think that's where we are getting him and I mixed up.

I'm not a pet lover. I'm an animal lover. What Cody did was inhumane and very wrong and I hope he serves time for it. I wasn't throwing shots at KBF and I apologize if he felt that way. Everything was directed squarely at Cody and his actions.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
If it's not illegal to do that to animal, it should be, and Baltimore should change the law.

Morally reprehensible doesn't begin to describe what happened to that dog.

Dogs and cats know when they're loved and when they're not. They dang sure know when they're being mistreated. That's one reason owning rescues is so rewarding. They know what you did for them.

There's no doubt in my mind Taz had a sad short life, and knew he was going to die sick, in a stinking cage, alone. There's also no doubt that he knew other dogs weren't neglected like he was. Dogs can feel despair, and he no doubt felt it for a long time before the end finally, mercifully, came.

Anybody who mistreats anyone else or anything that can't fight back deserves to be put in that position themselves, buried in whale feces at the bottom of the Marianas Trench.

When his own time on this earth is done, I hope a healthy Taz is waiting for Cody just outside the gates of hell. If any creature ever deserved to taste cold revenge, it's Taz.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
And I now have zero respect for Terrence Cody.
I've struggled to understand how this could happen. On the one hand it seemed that Cody liked Taz. It was reported that he had his face in his hands crying at the vets. How he could neglect Taz to such an extent that the poor dog literally starved to death is beyond me. He apparently had other dogs that were well cared for. The only thing that I can think of is that Taz did something that Cody didn't like but if that was the case he should have just put Taz up for adoption. He's only 27 but by that age your prefrontal cortex is suppose to be developed enough to understand the consequence of your actions. He must have totally ignored Taz for weeks to not see what condition the poor dog was in.:frown:

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I've struggled to understand how this could happen. On the one hand it seemed that Cody liked Taz. It was reported that he had his face in his hands crying at the vets. How he could neglect Taz to such an extent that the poor dog literally starved to death is beyond me. He apparently had other dogs that were well cared for. The only thing that I can think of is that Taz did something that Cody didn't like but if that was the case he should have just put Taz up for adoption. He's only 27 but by that age your prefrontal cortex is suppose to be developed enough to understand the consequence of your actions. He must have totally ignored Taz for weeks to not see what condition the poor dog was in.:frown:
You're way more forgiving than me.

If he did cry at the vet, I think it was because he knew he'd done wrong, knew he was hopelessly busted, and was trying to generate sympathy. Essentially throwing himself on the mercy of the court because, after literally neglecting the animal to death, now his dog was dead.

It doesn't take much of a brain to know that abuse of an animal is wrong and will result in bad things. I wouldn't cut a 10-year-old any slack on this.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
He's only 27 but by that age your prefrontal cortex is suppose to be developed enough to understand the consequence of your actions.
LOL, an 18 year old knows better than to do this. Heck, a 10 year old knows better. There's zero excuses for Cody, he's a piece of trash.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
I'm not trying to forgive him at all, he certainly doesn't deserve it. I just cant understand since he never came across, from what little I know, as being someone capable of that degree of evil actions. I guess I totally misjudged him. He was even described as a gentle giant in the past. No more.

Last edited:

KentuckianaBFan

All-SEC
Jan 26, 2011
Lakeland, FL, 2018
echoaffiliate.com
If I am throwing him off I'm not meaning to and I think that's where we are getting him and I mixed up.

I'm not a pet lover. I'm an animal lover. What Cody did was inhumane and very wrong and I hope he serves time for it. I wasn't throwing shots at KBF and I apologize if he felt that way. Everything was directed squarely at Cody and his actions.
No harm/no foul, no apology necessary...I now understand what you were saying...thanks.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
LOL, an 18 year old knows better than to do this. Heck, a 10 year old knows better. There's zero excuses for Cody, he's a piece of trash.
A few weeks ago, my 20 y/o granddaughter was out in the back yard with her 3 dogs. She was putting them back on their leashes when her 6 mo. old dog, and the youngest of the bunch, was running around and not wanting to go back on her leash. My granddaughter lost her temper, swung the leash at her and hit the dog in the head with the buckle. She yelped and ran and hid under the porch. My granddaugher had a heck of a time getting her back out.
I saw it and went out to have a discussion with her about it. I told her if that's the way she treats her pets, she better never have kids. She got mad at me and didn't speak to me for 2 days..
That's tough, imo, and don't really care how mad she got. As has already been said, if you can't control your temper around pets and treat them with respect, you should never have them.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Terrence Cody sentenced to 9 months in jail. For what he did to that poor dog, it could have been worse.

He also had other charges aside from animal cruelty, possession of weed, and possession of drug paraphernalia. One charge though cracked me up despite the serious nature of his deed. He was also charged with "Illegal possession of an alligator." I've heard some NFL players getting booked for some of the darnedest things, but that one was a new one to me. Here's the link:

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2016/...sentenced-to-9-months-in-animal-cruelty-case/

Last edited:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I kinda wish once a player left college I didn't have to hear about them anymore. I liked TC when he was at Bama, now I find out what a sack of crap he really is.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.