Kenyan Drake appreciation thread!

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Think Alex Watkin..he had same injury and was back in one week. I expect Drake to be ready for Auburn Game...
There have been plenty of players who played with a cast or what not, but in Drake's cast I think he needs better use of his arm/hands since he has to be able to control the ball. I'd think they'd let it heal and he could be back for a playoff, may be with a brace or something on.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
There have been plenty of players who played with a cast or what not, but in Drake's cast I think he needs better use of his arm/hands since he has to be able to control the ball. I'd think they'd let it heal and he could be back for a playoff, may be with a brace or something on.
Saban said 3 weeks max...so I think He's either back for Auburn or SEC Championship.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Kenyan has done his service and more, but getting back would help him tremendously in the draft. It's a win win for Bama and Kenyan that he gets back on the field, even with a cast and not 100%. Hope for the best.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
That wasn't a broken wrist. He broke his forearm more than likely.

Glad to hear the 3 weeks, was hoping it wouldn't be over!
No one said 3 weeks. At this point it is optimistic speculation. He hasn't had surgery yet. It looked like the wrist/forearm to me, but I guess the surgeon will know!

Last edited:

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Good news/bad news

Good news, there are no NFL teams in the state of Mississippi, which clearly Kenyan needs to stay the heck out of.

Bad news, Kenyan may go down at the top of the list of "what might have been" Bama players. His last two seasons were pretty much cut short to broken bones, and i'll go to my grave believing that the Kick 6 would have never happened had Nick trusted Kenyan instead of riding TJ all game on one good wheel. I have a soft spot for Kenyan because he (and Tomlinson) were renaissance men of sorts who just happened to be good at football, but football wasn't the be all, end all for them. I stated as much in my Crown Jewel write up for him. He's been my favorite player on the team since he stepped on campus. Wish it would have ended on a more positive note for him, but such is life.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Excellent post above. I can tell than he lost some of his cutting ability on his left leg from the awefull injury. But he still plays at full speed giving it everything he has. Like Prothro, he might play harder than his body was made, it is both sad and inspiring.

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.