Official Post-Game Thread - Bama vs. MSU...

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
I saw it too. I don't think that Coker really had time enough to set up and see them. This disturbed me, because we'll see better DLs from here on out, at least starting with UF, and we couldn't protect him...
This OL is clearly better at run blocking...

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
Who is more likely to pick up the roles KD has in our offense? Harris? Haven't seen evidence that he catches the ball well enough. Ronnie Clark? doesn't seem likely. Bo S? We hear he is fast. We hear he can catch. Maybe he has seen enough reps to make up most of the missed time. Will he see lots of playing time against Char So?

Hope Bo gets loads of rep time in drills for the next two weeks.

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Who is more likely to pick up the roles KD has in our offense? Harris? Haven't seen evidence that he catches the ball well enough. Ronnie Clark? doesn't seem likely. Bo S? We hear he is fast. We hear he can catch. Maybe he has seen enough reps to make up most of the missed time. Will he see lots of playing time against Char So?

Hope Bo gets loads of rep time in drills for the next two weeks.
I hope it is Bo - his up side is so much higher.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I'm not talking about yards. I'm talking ball protection.

I saw that almost strip as well. He probably would have gotten the first down on that carry if he didn't almost lose it. I hope he gets some good playing time this coming week. To get himself game ready..if we need him.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I love Bo, but he just looks really "green" carrying the ball right now.
Harris is the safe choice, and with your defense it is really easy to fall into the trap of playing safe football, but Henry needs help - real help. Not sure that Harris is any safer, or that he offers real help right now.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Carrying the ball during a game is a lot different than carrying the ball in practice. He seems to turn his back a lot on defenders instead of wrapping his arms around the ball and going forward. That is something that comes with reps. However, Harris moves the ball forward and wraps up the ball. He's not as big, but he carries the ball better and with more confidence. I expect to see a mixture with more leaning on Harris until Bo get's more comfortable in game time situations.

Harris is the safe choice, and with your defense it is really easy to fall into the trap of playing safe football, but Henry needs help - real help. Not sure that Harris is any safer, or that he offers real help right now.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Carrying the ball during a game is a lot different than carrying the ball in practice. He seems to turn his back a lot on defenders instead of wrapping his arms around the ball and going forward. That is something that comes with reps. However, Harris moves the ball forward and wraps up the ball. He's not as big, but he carries the ball better and with more confidence. I expect to see a mixture with more leaning on Harris until Bo get's more comfortable in game time situations.
Not disagreeing, but there is a reason that Harris has so few carries this season, even with Drake doing almost nothing until the LSU game. Bo may not be ready, but Harris is not the answer.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Right now, neither are ready for the number 2 spot, but money says Saban will go with Harris in the number 2 position because of ball protection.
Not disagreeing, but there is a reason that Harris has so few carries this season, even with Drake doing almost nothing until the LSU game. Bo may not be ready, but Harris is not the answer.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I know it probably seems to be nit picking, and I know I see things through crimson colored glasses, but I am still somewhat perplexed by the overturned fumble by Dak returned for a touchdown.

In order to overturn, there must no doubt that call on the field was incorrect. When I first saw the replay, I thought "Okay, Prescott's knee was down, it should be reversed." But if you watch the play closely, as Dak is being sacked he is actually switching from his right to left hand with the ball before the knee is down. As the same time the Alabama player raking at the ball. So is it naturally assumed that the ball is "secured and in possession" at the time he is switching hands? As I looked at it closer, I'm not so sure that ball was secured at that point.

As is turns out, it had no affect on the game. I'm just wondering if anyone else had the same question?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.